Freezing On Startup

It is my belief 1 of the busses was overclocked and causing a freeze issue.. more than likely the MCP, which on these kinds of boards is an oven. I have good cooling on my MCP and its always around 125F -- I have read horror stories on OCN about MCPs being in the high 60c, even low 70c and causeing freeze and no boot issues.
 
I doubt it.. I believe your PC was in 1 way or another Overclocked and causeing an over-temp/over heat issue, causeing your freezeing and no boots.
 
our boards come with the jumper switch.. prong 1 and 2 is normal op.. 2 and 3 is CMOS reset...

It's still easier to pull out the battery and just wait for 1 minute. :closedeyes:

Is it possible I got hacked?

Of course it's possible. If you can plug in that HDD to another system, and start in Safe Mode and do a full scan of Malwarebytes on it, it might help.
 
Of course it's possible. If you can plug in that HDD to another system, and start in Safe Mode and do a full scan of Malwarebytes on it, it might help.

anything is possible.. but seeing how a default BIOS reboot seems to have cleared up the issue.....
 
anything is possible.. but seeing how a default BIOS reboot seems to have cleared up the issue.....

Security redundancy never hurts.



FXnate: So is it working properly now? I think you should stress it a little, and use HWMonitor to watch the temps. Just keep it open, and take a screen shot before and after you do something (something demanding, like a game).
 
Security redundancy never hurts.


I think you should stress it a little, and use HWMonitor to watch the temps. Just keep it open, and take a screen shot before and after you do something (something demanding, like a game).

too true

and

thats a good idea.
 
Last edited:
I have another idea... are you useing any of the eVGA and/or Nvidia monitoring/function adjustment software?

ie

EVGA Precision
nVidia Performance software

it is possible that there is a profile with bad BIOS inputs that is starting at Windows startup ->example, my overclock doesnt fully take place until after Windows is running, desktop and all

I am begining to think now that it is the above.. or a RAM issue
 
Last edited:
Can you post a screen shot of HWMonitor? Make sure every temperature is readable.
 
9bcazd.png


They all look good.
 
Back
Top