- Joined
- Jul 14, 2010
- Messages
- 1,844
Okay. Lets see how long it last.
he should have a CMOS jumper near the battery.....
But you'd need jumper switches for that. Taking out the battery is much much easier.
our boards come with the jumper switch.. prong 1 and 2 is normal op.. 2 and 3 is CMOS reset...
Is it possible I got hacked?
Of course it's possible. If you can plug in that HDD to another system, and start in Safe Mode and do a full scan of Malwarebytes on it, it might help.
anything is possible.. but seeing how a default BIOS reboot seems to have cleared up the issue.....
Security redundancy never hurts.
I think you should stress it a little, and use HWMonitor to watch the temps. Just keep it open, and take a screen shot before and after you do something (something demanding, like a game).
I have another idea... are you useing any of the eVGA and/or Nvidia monitoring/function adjustment software?
ie
EVGA Precision
nVidia Performance software