Why do you admin?

LeviTheDegu

EGO Addict
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
1,379
After spending a lot of time on the CS:s Jail server I decided to ask myself a question: Why do I admin?... I can't help but think everyone has their different reasons for it. I see a lot of people that admin simply to enforce the rules, admins that spend time specifically looking for rule breakers, and people feeling obligated to use the power they have.

So I wanted to know why do I use my admin?

and I came to a simple conclusion. I use it only when I think something is violating eGO's core values... If I notice something is upsetting the gameplay I try to help things stay ontrack and maintain a fun environment, first try without he use of admin, then admin is my next resort(e.g. switching teams/ct issues on jail server).. I find that admins that always encounter issues on servers have similar traits, they're there to enforce the rules or to take advantage of their admin abilities... I think in order to be a good admin you must be there for the right reasons.... So what are the right reasons?

Why do you use your admin abilities?
 
Selfishly, and one of the same main reasons why I joined eGO in the first place: To keep the community clean and fun, for both myself as well as others who enjoy the same.
 
I'm not an admin but, "I would" admin too prevent people from removing the fun out of a game by hacking.
 
to rid the world of hackers :thumbup1:

Irony at its finest. :lol:

Just by FOLLOWING the server rules, it's a big step in maturity. It teaches you how to properly deal with situations, and for some, let me repeat that, some people it helps their usual potty mouth. If you've ever been in vent, you know exactly what I mean! ;) I cleaned up my language in real life a lot just by playing our servers, as funny as that may sound. If we didn't admin, e's wouldn't need eG's, same as eG's to eGO's. I'd continue ranting but I just ordered chinese takeout :thumbup:
 
To be power abusive, harass other players, beat them into submission, and sing while doing it.


But on the real. I Love being an Admin. Putting punks in their place as they're racist, think they are fantastic E-tough guys by harassing other players, and just being general jerks..

NEVER gets old. The feeling of satisfaction I get by cracking down HARDCORE on rule breakers who think they're so witty and above consequences.
 
I like the clean servers of eGO. I still play on other servers and it is hard to stay on most of them for very long. People, always males, think they are so clever, so smart, so original, with their dirty, sex laden, drug references, and player bashing spam. We are trying to play a game, not hang out at the bar. These people need to think about others for a change. Boy, do I love kicking and banning punks.:thumbup1:
 
I like the clean servers of eGO. I still play on other servers and it is hard to stay on most of them for very long. People, always males, think they are so clever, so smart, so original, with their dirty, sex laden, drug references, and player bashing spam. We are trying to play a game, not hang out at the bar. These people need to think about others for a change. Boy, do I love kicking and banning punks.:thumbup1:

this post excuses last nights R realism right? :P
 
We all joke around about the CSS division and sadly i think that playing jail might have made you question the logic behind some people accepting the responsibility of admining. I like to have the authority to get rid of trouble makers and make our servers a place where i can relax and have fun. I might not agree with all of the standards eGO has but i make sure to enforce them because it is my responsibility as an admin. I remember my days of playing as a pub and then as an e. Contacting an admin to kick or ban someone was always a hassle and then watching blatant hackers make the server empty enfuriated me. When i got promoted i promised not to act how i saw some admins perform, and luckily our division has a vast quantity of dedicated admins.

Since the day i signed up in eGO i wanted admin powers to help enforce the rules that make our servers and our clan so great. I cant speak for everyone else but i have a feeling most people feel the same way. Unfortunately there are also immature or irresponsible members who were given the chance to admin but do so poorly. In my opinion if you dont want to enforce the rules then you have no right to wear the eG or eGO tags. If you dont plan on admining properly stay an e and just have fun without having to take any action. I think we all have our reasons for wanting admin powers. Some people just want the eGO status and most of us like having the ability to enforce the rules and get rid of people who have no business in our clean servers.



oh...

this post excuses last nights R realism right? :P


Of course it does.
 
To keep the servers clean and fun for the peoples of this world there are playing on our servers :)
 
Well i have because slowly when all the pieces on the chess board move to there positions we will strike the world and take it over in one foul swoop. EGO will have the whole planet. I did not want to miss the party. The only people who cant come is our CSS Division because there too young to fight. Sucks to be you :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top