- Joined
- Aug 2, 2009
- Messages
- 2,019
So I had this idea...but I wanted to run it by all of you first to judge interest...
I love military history, ESPECIALLY WWII history. History was always boring in school/in the classroom, but when I looked things up outside of there on my own, I always found it more interesting. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys would be interested in seeing the history of WWII, chronologically, a little bit each day/every few days.
Pretty much it's simple. I start at the beginning* and go to the end*, trying to throw in interesting maps/graphics, etc. I'd do my best to not just make it "here's what the US did--go us." Maybe as we get to key events that correlate to DoD:S maps I can try to find some way to convince Leadership to hold special events for them (maybe)??
Anyways, if nobody cares/is into the real history as much as I am, let me know if I would be wasting my time. I was thinking as we came across different parts we could debate the effectiveness of the battle/operation/etc...maybe what would have been better...where the fight went wrong...something. It'd also be cool to maybe see a little bit added by our Euro friends (or any other country), adding additional little insight to things that we never knew.
:thumbup:?
:thumbdown:?
:scared:?
I love military history, ESPECIALLY WWII history. History was always boring in school/in the classroom, but when I looked things up outside of there on my own, I always found it more interesting. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys would be interested in seeing the history of WWII, chronologically, a little bit each day/every few days.
Pretty much it's simple. I start at the beginning* and go to the end*, trying to throw in interesting maps/graphics, etc. I'd do my best to not just make it "here's what the US did--go us." Maybe as we get to key events that correlate to DoD:S maps I can try to find some way to convince Leadership to hold special events for them (maybe)??
Anyways, if nobody cares/is into the real history as much as I am, let me know if I would be wasting my time. I was thinking as we came across different parts we could debate the effectiveness of the battle/operation/etc...maybe what would have been better...where the fight went wrong...something. It'd also be cool to maybe see a little bit added by our Euro friends (or any other country), adding additional little insight to things that we never knew.
:thumbup:?
:thumbdown:?
:scared:?




























