Thinking about building a desktop! Need help!

You don't need it now, but who knows what the future holds, just 3 years ago, 2GB was "enough"
 
So have you guys looked at the shopping cart pics? except for ram is now 8 gigs, sorry to piss you off phobus but for 28 bucks I'd rather be prepared.
 
Last edited:
I did read, but for $20 or whatever it is, i would take it.

In the future you will be kicking yourself when you can't OC

EDIT: it's $15, I don't see why not to get it

what are you talking about???


oh wait your talking about processor right yeah that combo deal to get the 2500k instead of 2500 and 8g of ram instead of 4 i did.
 
Last edited:
select item 1 quantity of item 1


ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Item #: N82E16827135204
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options27-135-204|hide options27-135-204)

Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty Plan

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info27-135-204.0.18)

* 1 year: $6.99
* 2 year: $11.99



$16.99

select item 2 quantity of item 2


COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Item #: N82E16811119197
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

-$10.00 Instant


$109.98
$99.98

select item 3 quantity of item 3


SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822152244
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options22-152-244|hide options22-152-244)

Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info22-152-244.0.120)

* 1 year: $6.99
* 2 year: $11.99



$42.99

select item 4 quantity of item 4


Seasonic SS-560KM Active PFC F3, 560W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91, 80Plus Gold Certified, Modular Power Supply - Retail

Seasonic SS-560KM Active PFC F3, 560W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91, 80Plus Gold Certified, Modular Power Supply
Item #: N82E16817151098
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy



$120.99

select item 5 quantity of item 5


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
Item #: N82E16832116754
Return Policy: Software Standard Return Policy



$99.99

select item 6 quantity of item 6


COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP 200mm Red LED Case Fan

COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP 200mm Red LED Case Fan
Item #: N82E16835103072
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy



$21.99

select item 7 quantity of item 7


COOLER MASTER R4-S4S-10AK-GP 140mm Case Fan

COOLER MASTER R4-S4S-10AK-GP 140mm Case Fan
Item #: N82E16835103078
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy



$11.99

select item 8 quantity of item 8

MSI N460GTX Hawk GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
MSI P67A-C43 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

*

MSI N460GTX Hawk GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Item #: N82E16814127518
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options14-127-5182100|hide options14-127-5182100)

Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info14-127-5182.0.120)
o 1 year: $19.99
o 2 year: $36.99

*

MSI P67A-C43 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813130544
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options13-130-5442100|hide options13-130-5442100)

Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info13-130-5442.0.120)
o 1 year: $16.99
o 2 year: $25.99

-$10.00 Instant
-$10.00 Combo
$30.00 Mail-in Rebate14-127-518

$338.99
$318.99

1

NVIDIA Free Just Cause 2 + Mafia II Coupon

NVIDIA Free Just Cause 2 + Mafia II Coupon
Item #: N82E16800999242
Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy

-$59.99 Saving


$59.99
$0.00

select item 10 quantity of item 10

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD38G1333ELK

*

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
Item #: N82E16819115072
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options19-115-07210|hide options19-115-07210)

Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info19-115-0721.0.120)
o 1 year: $25.99
o 2 year: $45.99

*

Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD38G1333ELK
Item #: N82E16820220557
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy

look good guys? or just look at my image links and remenber processor is now 2500k and ram is 8
 
So did you get 2 GTX 460s? or am i reading it wrong?


as for wifi, it is really hit or miss with these things, I have yet to find a "perfect one", but his one seems to work for most people:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...320048&cm_re=asus_wifi-_-33-320-048-_-Product

no the nvidia 460 that is modded by msi is in a bundle with the motherboard

also wow I've never seen a wireless card with antenna's, then again I've never seen a desktop with a wireless card. Are you sure the wireless card will work with these components, also phobus wanna check out the wireless card too?
 
as i would like to add for your ram issue,

I would rather invest in a type of ram that runs at for example 2000 MHz rather then 1333 MHz. Like this.
 
What? The case I included is better, the motherboard I included is better, the ram I included has faster timings and will still allow you to upgrade to 8gb in the future when needed, the graphics card I included is better, and the power supply and cpu are the same. What are you referring to as worse?

I would also go for the 500gb spinpoint for the extra space as 320 seems small for nowadays.
 
Last edited:
What? The case I included is better, the motherboard I included is better, the ram I included has faster timings and will still allow you to upgrade to 8gb in the future when needed, the graphics card I included is better, and the power supply and cpu are the same. What are you referring to as worse?

I would also go for the 500gb spinpoint for the extra space as 320 seems small for nowadays.

The price. :D So is it worth upgrading to your graphics card?
And is it worth upgrading to your motherboard? They look the same to me, whats the difference?
 
Last edited:


With rebates, it is slightly over 1k, but for the upgrades, it is worth it.

Wait, I had an aftermarket cooler in there still, without that, you are still under 1k.

As for the graphics card, yes. 6870 is better than gtx 460 and overclocks well also. XFX has double lifetime warranty which is very nice, especially if you want to sell it later on down the road to get something better.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6850-6870-review/1

Here is a quick review that has lots of benches to compare numbers of 6870 vs 460.
 
Last edited:


With rebates, it is slightly over 1k, but for the upgrades, it is worth it.

Wait, I had an aftermarket cooler in there still, without that, you are still under 1k.
actually i might do that but i think ill spend the extra 30 bucks for 8gigs of ram, lemme check this out real quick.

oh yeah, and what makes your case better?
 
Price on those timings is great. If you want, buy two sets of the ram I showed.

As for case, while it is personal preference, quality of build on corsair is going to be much better. I'm not a fan of all the decoration on the HAFs myself, but it is preference. However, just looking at the pics of the inside, corsair is beautiful:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image...k Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

vs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Image...ic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
 

Latest posts

Back
Top