The Victory Pack Update!

does a jar of pee that makes you get killed a lot easier fit the style?

Well, it was explained that they lose the will to live. I've had my problems with the art style before and I've had my points where I've overacted in the past but I don't really mind these. Once the novelty wears off and teams aren't 90% soldiers I don't think it will matter. Plus, it was explained that they came from a rocket from space. That's enough for me. Same as when medieval mode was explained by saying the soldier had angered a wizard. That satisfied me.

Determining what fits and what doesn't isn't that easy anyway. Sure, there was a central idea of the late 60s but I don't recall any invisibility watches existing back then. What about guns that shoot a beam to heal people?
 
Sure, there was a central idea of the late 60s but I don't recall any invisibility watches existing back then. What about guns that shoot a beam to heal people?

Err, are you trying to say 2 weapons that have been in tf2 since the release don't really fit tf2's theme?
 
No, he's clearly stating that it doesn't fit the 60s time period, which is the style TF2 is based.

Clearly. :rolleyes:

To me TF2's style is the feel and theme it had when originally released, not the 60's.

Invisible watches and healing beams fit.

Spacey laser rail guns don't.
 
I do think the laser rockets look ugly with the spherical pictures coming from it.

And OP? Give me a break, every time Valve have released an update people complain, mostly because it looks OP when you are not used to it and EVERYONE gets the weapon and plays the character making a lot of the kills be with the weapon.

If it is truely OP then Valve will fix it as good as possible like always.

And don't expect the weapons to be removed, ones in TF2 always in TF2. Get used to them or quit.

Regarding the style.. TF2 got items from all kinds of eras already, futuristic looking weapon was bound to come one day. And I think they did a great job with making the look fit with all the weird parts of the weapon instead of some clean design.

But I do fear the disabling ability and the fire-effect as the sentries will much easier be taken out and the fire effect tends to finish you off if you've taken a good hit.
 
I remembered another detail about the CM5K that I left out: Dead Ringer ragdolls.

Because this thing vaporizes the victim, there is no blood n' guts, so a dead ringer is a lot less obvious.

Not a big problem when I know how most of our spies operate, but it is an additional negative nonetheless.
 
*Didn't read earlier posts just adding my personal opinion*


CON: Yes. They are over powered, and they are certainly not TF2 related.
PRO: As a Soldier, I am so happy to have a powerful weapon, whether it relates to TF2 or not. I am 99% sure everyone who plays a competitive online multiplayer games with different weapons, wants to absolutely dominate.
CON: Now it's hard to see any soldier without a laser-pew-pew-cannon (what I call it) or a laser-pew-pew-futurama-space-pistol equipped, so there isn't really a variety of weapons to use in your favor. It's like fighting a version of yourself with different skills.
PRO: The pew-pew-beams look epic
CON: The pew-pew-beams ARE SO FREAKING DISTRACTING.
PRO: I can rocket jump
CON: I can rocket jump with any other rocket launcher
PRO: It's new
CON: It's ugly

My overall opinion: Ehh
 
I really like the styling, but the actual weapons pretty much suck... :/
 
Back
Top