Metacritic Modern Warfare 3 User Reviews

Sexy Beast

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
2,641
In everyone of us is a reviewer. You want your opinion heard...and that's usually a good thing. So Let's see what some of the people over at Metacritic are saying about one of the most divisive games to come around in a long time.


Score: 10

I can not put into words how repeatative and boring this series has gotten! Everything is being re used, same formula same everything. Now someone might say to me if it aint broke dont fixer it. well let me tell u this is the 5th game of the same s*** nothing has changed nothing i think i saw the same building model from cod4 so save your money! this is the same as the rest of the games that came before it if u wanna play this play black ops or mw2. I dont know how legit reviews can give a game like this 9.5 or even an 8.5 this a an fing 5.


Score: 0

Same thing yet again from Failavision, if you want to play MW3 then get MW2 its the same thing but cheaper... Seriously when is Failavision going to stop milking this franchise into the ground.. oh wait it already did...


Score: 0

Seriously how did a expansion pack for MW2 get a freaking 90? Took me all of an hour to figure out I wasted 60 bucks. Come with something new or don't come at all...this game shoulda been DLC for black ops


Score: 0

Worthless PoS, same EXACT lagfest as MW2, nothing changed at all, the maps blow, are WAY too small, and make absolutely NO sense. IW has destroyed a once great series.


Score: 10

LOL @ all the haters, wow so many hahahaha......................................................................... ...............................................


Score: 0

A great game, only if you haven't played to the others in the row. I give this game a 0 for the lame 'professional' reviewers who do NOT review the game but have an affair with Activision. A Shame!... In itself, the game could reach a good score... 7.5/10 for the multiplayers and 4.5/10 for the single player.


Score: 8

So let me get this straight. You all paid a lot of money for this game just so you could complain? Then you deserve to not enjoy it.


Score: 0

This game is garbage, absolutely the worst game so far, no improvement from MW1. I can't believe I thought about actually paying $60 for this garbage.


Yeah, this is just a general sample of what's being said by people at Metacritic. Also, yes these are the actual scores associated with the reviews. Find and post your favorite review.
 
Ok, lol.
I myself don't think I'd like the game, but this is totally uncalled for.
 
Last edited:
my honest review would be like a 6ish although i was watching play throughs of teh story it doenst even look like they tried
 
I would like to play it to review it, but sadly once IW fell apart the magic that this game series was died with it. MW2 was such a huge jump from MW because it had the original crew. When they pass it with the other company Treyarch its just a rehash with the tech, BUT they did do zombie mode which is actually pretty awesome. I'm sad to see that Call of duty has become the yearly joke its turned into. Anyone who played the PC original and United offensive remembers how magical the game was. RIP Call of Duty
 
It took buying the same game 5 times for that many people to get upset... Fascinating... Then again I did fall for it three times myself :(
 
I like seeing the professional reviewers and the users compared. Hilarious at how people are like "its essentially the same game and is a glorified expansion" and the actual reviewers are like "its pretty similar to MW2 and get a bit repetitive but it's still good".

I know that I won't be buying this, just like I didn't buy black ops because I knew a lot of people were going to be like "its amazing!!" then a month or 2 later "its pretty meh now". But its also the loud people who play it, not everyone, just the more obvious, who push me away. Oh you got sniped? boo hoo, its a game. Someone snuck up on you and knifed you? Be a bit more aware. It's like people complaining about weapons in BF3. You got hit with a mortar? don't camp in that spot and move around.

One more interesting point though is the scores are different for different systems ha
 
I dunno about these yearly releases. People buy them every year, so who am I to say Activision is wrong to do it? Incidentally, Activision has already announced a new Modern Warfare to be released in 2012.
 
Something to bear in mind with these reviews:

You have to distinctly separate 360, PS3, and PC reviews from each other as they may all have different gaming experiences. For example, RAGE was a fail at launch on the PC with graphic issues, whereas it received mostly positive reviews for the consoles.

I completed 2 hrs of single player mode and an hour of Multiplayer so far. Singe-player wise, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not bored with the gameplay; pacing is good; and I'm very interested in the story line of the campaign to see what happens. Already, there were a couple of shock and awe moments (which I did NOT experience for BF3) that I can appreciate, if one of them being pretty risque. I never did play MW2 because it was a console port to the PC, so there are some questions from that storyline that appear in this one. And for me, this game has some feeling as a console port, but not a lot of times. I keep missing Lean Left and Lean Right, especially on the firefights indoors.

Multiplayer wise, I'm enjoying it, but not more or less than how CoD4 was to me right now. Leveling is a pain. You cannot go to a dedicated server to level. You have to use IW's match making service, which can be hit or miss sometimes. Doesn't help that you try it for the first time, and you're the only rank 1-5 and everyone else have upgraded weapons and are ranked between 30-35. Big disadvantage there. Noob tubing isn't as rampant which is a hidden blessing. Figuring that was the easiest way for me to level, getting kills with it ISN'T as easy as it was on CoD4. Some of the kill streak perks are too gimmicky to me. I didn't like them when they were introduced in CoD4, still don't like them in MW3. I'll use them because to pass them up means losing out on easy points and kills, but it robs some of the achievement at the end of the match, knowing that half your kills may have come from a couple of perks.

Graphics are good. Between BF3 and MW3, they both look similar, with the only difference being that you can destroy buildings in BF3 and not MW3 (both an advantage/disadvantage according to how you play). Maps aren't as large as BF3 as they are predominantly infanty-only fights, which I do appreciate. There is a large variety of game styles from Hardcore to TDM to S&D to their version of King of the Hill.

Initial rating: 8.5/10.

Pros: Interesting storyline, good graphics, fun multiplayer, variety of game types.
Cons: Not a BIG upgrade from MW2 (from what I've heard), ranking up a hassel through IW's match making service, MW:Elite not available on launch for PC (not a huge thing, but something to note), and some gameplay elements feel gimmicky (predator drones).
 
The only thing I have against CoD is that it seems way too overrated. Everybody at school has it, and about 5 people have games like TF2 and DoD which have *much* better value to them. And everybody seems to think paying money for a few maps is a great idea, which I just can't get my head around. I don't think its a bad game, I just think its pretty average.

My brother always said: "Activision could sell an untextured cube for ?50, call it the new Call of Duty game and it would still be a best seller."
 
Well...technically this thread isn't about your opinions on Modern Warfare 3. I'm sure you all have one, and I'm sure it falls into one of three catagories; yea, nay, and this is the worst game of all time.

Frankly I wanted see a discussion on the extremity of reviews on Metacritic and what that says about gamers in general.
 
Score: 9

From a Battlefield 3 Fan Perspective this game is very good, it's not a DLC of MW2 the MP has improved over with the spec ops giving the shine it is just as good as zombies and the unlocks will keep you going on for a while and Prestige and 80 levels will definitely be alot of time too., COD Elite is just as good as Battlelog everything is good (MP is a dead heat) and Campaign is a bit cliche but slightly better than BF3s I will see you guys on the BATTLEFIELD and the MODERN WARFARE, Peace out Fans and trolls :P

:)
 
The last CoD game I actually bought was Modern Warfare. After that, I lost interest due to the omission of dedicated servers. Unfortunately, MW3 is no different. This time, it's sort of insulting that they added dedicated servers but you can't rank up on them. The only way you gain XP is through matchmaking, which as another person said, is always hit or miss. The positive side is that it runs better than BF3. On the negative side, BF3 looks better and has much larger environments.

I have not played MW3. I've only watched videos and read review. Although reviewers universally praise it, I cannot bring myself to buy it, which means that until it reaches bargain bin pricing, I won't be playing it either. I really enjoyed Modern Warfare. Too bad they lost their touch after it.
 
From what I have heard the campaign is awesome but the multiplayer is just a MW2 expansion pack with a patch that has made things easier and more wtf moments....
 
Something to bear in mind with these reviews:

You have to distinctly separate 360, PS3, and PC reviews from each other as they may all have different gaming experiences. For example, RAGE was a fail at launch on the PC with graphic issues, whereas it received mostly positive reviews for the consoles.

I completed 2 hrs of single player mode and an hour of Multiplayer so far. Singe-player wise, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not bored with the gameplay; pacing is good; and I'm very interested in the story line of the campaign to see what happens. Already, there were a couple of shock and awe moments (which I did NOT experience for BF3) that I can appreciate, if one of them being pretty risque. I never did play MW2 because it was a console port to the PC, so there are some questions from that storyline that appear in this one. And for me, this game has some feeling as a console port, but not a lot of times. I keep missing Lean Left and Lean Right, especially on the firefights indoors.

Multiplayer wise, I'm enjoying it, but not more or less than how CoD4 was to me right now. Leveling is a pain. You cannot go to a dedicated server to level. You have to use IW's match making service, which can be hit or miss sometimes. Doesn't help that you try it for the first time, and you're the only rank 1-5 and everyone else have upgraded weapons and are ranked between 30-35. Big disadvantage there. Noob tubing isn't as rampant which is a hidden blessing. Figuring that was the easiest way for me to level, getting kills with it ISN'T as easy as it was on CoD4. Some of the kill streak perks are too gimmicky to me. I didn't like them when they were introduced in CoD4, still don't like them in MW3. I'll use them because to pass them up means losing out on easy points and kills, but it robs some of the achievement at the end of the match, knowing that half your kills may have come from a couple of perks.

Graphics are good. Between BF3 and MW3, they both look similar, with the only difference being that you can destroy buildings in BF3 and not MW3 (both an advantage/disadvantage according to how you play). Maps aren't as large as BF3 as they are predominantly infanty-only fights, which I do appreciate. There is a large variety of game styles from Hardcore to TDM to S&D to their version of King of the Hill.

Initial rating: 8.5/10.

Pros: Interesting storyline, good graphics, fun multiplayer, variety of game types.
Cons: Not a BIG upgrade from MW2 (from what I've heard), ranking up a hassel through IW's match making service, MW:Elite not available on launch for PC (not a huge thing, but something to note), and some gameplay elements feel gimmicky (predator drones).

If you think MW3 and Bf3 look similar graphically.... you need a new computer even some die hard cod fans are like "the graphics look WORSE than they did in previous games" and its even been noted by professional game reviewers who just because its a big ticket game are praticically obligated to give it at least a decent review that the graphics look aged which they do, Bf3 is pushing a lot of peoples computers MW3 isnt even making a 360 work
 
guys....this is stupid ?? look:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s"]Youtube[/ame]

Copy & Paste = 60 bucks O_o
 
If you think MW3 and Bf3 look similar graphically.... you need a new computer even some die hard cod fans are like "the graphics look WORSE than they did in previous games" and its even been noted by professional game reviewers who just because its a big ticket game are praticically obligated to give it at least a decent review that the graphics look aged which they do, Bf3 is pushing a lot of peoples computers MW3 isnt even making a 360 work

That's because it was optimized to run on consoles. I said what I said, and I stand by it. Like I POINTED OUT, I did NOT play MW2, so I'm jumping from CoD4 to MW3, which makes this game stand out better for me than other reviewers. So a lot of the whining about it being a MW2 remake doesn't apply for me because I didn't waste my money on MW2.

If you want me to get a new computer to compare the games at full graphics, sure. Send me $1500 and I'll build one right away just so I can review the two just for you...
 
I expected this these types of reviews. You have the CoD fans that will love it no matter what (8-10 scores) you have the CoD fans that have been angry since MW2 (0 scores) and the BF3 fans who will do anything to knock CoD (0 scores). Regardless of it being a MW2 map (game) pack or what, the game will move a ton of units and Activision will make money as usual.

Black Ops was a fun game for me, except the fact it was made for the console and I was dumb enough to get it on the pc. I haven't felt rage like that since my mom unplugged my nintendo when I was at the end of Castlevania fighting Dracula. That has caused me to not want to buy MW3 right now.

I will probably get MW3 whenever it goes on sale on Steam.....which will be awhile.


BF3 always appealed to me, so I will play that and be merry.
 
Last edited:
BF3 always appealed to me, so I will play that and be merry.

BF3 has impressed me so far, at least in multiplayer. The campaign isn't that great, but as any avid player will tell you, who buys Battlefield for the single player campaign? It's all about multiplayer.

I think the reason I want BF3 to succeed is sort of the same reason I want AMD to succeed compared to Intel; competition is needed in a very lopsided economy. Activision/IW control the FPS genre for the time being, and because of this, they can slap a sticker on a half done game and sell millions in the first day, kind of the way Apple does with their iPhone.

I really don't want to knock Modern Warfare 3, but it's just not that much different from other games in the series, and I think that's what disappoints me the most. I don't care if people call me a Battlefield fanboy, but every time a new battlefield game has come out, it's always got something new to bring to the table. You just don't get that from CoD games anymore.
 
I havent played it yet but i plan to yes its some what the same game but i like everything about it
 

Latest posts

Back
Top