Valve Maps's Progress Thread

Should we disable no-crits & no-spread on VM for Quickplay?

  • Yes

    Points: 24 55.8%
  • No

    Points: 19 44.2%

  • Total voters
    43
  • Poll closed .
Heehehe that's cute >.<

But I agree, I think team scramble is a good idea... unstack those teams!

Although any team Meep is on is automatically stacked. Pffff

VP demoman is the bane of Meep's existance.
 
Some maps may be the problem, and Kazoo said whenever the server is set to Dustbowl most of the time it passes from having 5-10 people playing, to the server getting filled, but then it goes to a not so popular/good map and many people leave and the cycle is repeated. So some maps are not helping improve the rank of the server and the best idea to fix this would be to change some of the maps that the server has for new maps that possibly people will like more and will cause the server to have more activity and it's rank to go up.

This may not work though, some people may like the current set up and like to play it that way so when it gets changed, they may not like it and never play on the server ever again, but it's just a prediction, anything can happen.

Yes, that is a possibility. But I feel that there are probably one or two maps we can remove without many people noticing.

I'll do some investigating later. Or maybe now, though I should get some of this project done.

/darn project is gonna ruin spring break
 
This may be a bad idea, but I was thinking.... maybe we should remove one or two of our less popular maps on the server and replace them with other maps that may be more popular?

Problem is, how to go about and decide on this. And I'm not sure how difficult it is to add/remove maps.

I should think that it wouldn't be difficult for spidey to remove some maps from the rotation.

My opinion on the subject however, is that removing a few of the unpopular maps isn't gonna change anything. If people wanna play on a map that they like, then they'll vote for it. If it's a map that a majority of players don't like, it wouldn't make any sense about why players in the server would vote for it.

In closing, a notable suggestion, but can be easily ignored.
 
I should think that it wouldn't be difficult for spidey to remove some maps from the rotation.

My opinion on the subject however, is that removing a few of the unpopular maps isn't gonna change anything. If people wanna play on a map that they like, then they'll vote for it. If it's a map that a majority of players don't like, it wouldn't make any sense about why players in the server would vote for it.

In closing, a notable suggestion, but can be easily ignored.

The only problem here is that the map voting system doesn't go by true majority. I've seen maps win with 27% vote, then the server empties because no one else wanted to go there.
 
The only problem here is that the map voting system doesn't go by true majority. I've seen maps win with 27% vote, then the server empties because no one else wanted to go there.

Yeah I see that on occasion, but I don't know why it happens.
 
/me face/desks

I don't know why.... I thought Valve Maps was doing well today.... But we dropped in ranking again!

We are now at 928. :(
 
/me face/desks

I don't know why.... I thought Valve Maps was doing well today.... But we dropped in ranking again!

We are now at 928. :(

What could we possibly be doing wrong? :facewall:
 
Just remember we're going up against all other servers in the running for rankings on Gametracker. The ones that are at the top of list have high population numbers all day long. Rather than looking for short pockets we need to have fills that last for hours, during the time other servers will still be down or empty.
 
/me face/desks

I don't know why.... I thought Valve Maps was doing well today.... But we dropped in ranking again!

We are now at 928. :(

That's weird it was full for the majority of yesterday, how can that be possible?
 
Just remember we're going up against all other servers in the running for rankings on Gametracker. The ones that are at the top of list have high population numbers all day long. Rather than looking for short pockets we need to have fills that last for hours, during the time other servers will still be down or empty.

Yeah, I guess so.

That's weird it was full for the majority of yesterday, how can that be possible?

Must be the other servers.


We're still going down.... Gah.
 
What other servers could possibly be beating us? We're very rarely empty nowadays. Unless those other servers happen to somehow be full 24/7.
 
What other servers could possibly be beating us? We're very rarely empty nowadays. Unless those other servers happen to somehow be full 24/7.

They are. If you take a look at the top servers in GameTracker, they're full almost 24/7.

In other news, we went up to 913! :D
 
They are. If you take a look at the top servers in GameTracker, they're full almost 24/7.

In other news, we went up to 913! :D

well, at least we're not severely dropping like last time.
 
Wooo! We are at 877! :D

I was able to help get the server full by about 12 or 1PM CST. I'll try the same tomorrow/later.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top