A message to the e's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newman

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
693
This is something I have noticed as I have played over the past couple of months, and since I haven’t seen it addressed before I thought it might be a good thing to cover.

I have noticed that when I'm playing and things happen on a server that an admin should be taking care of (for example people using inappropriate language), instead I see =(e)=s trying to handle it. They end up saying stuff like “language” for when someone swears (that’s one I have seen many times before, and I admit to being guilty of doing this myself).the problems with this are People don’t know who you’re talking to, and they might not know what you’re talking about when saying it. If there are no admins on, feel free to be warning people and try to keep the peace, but use please and thank you, and also make sure that you use the name of the player that you are directing it to, but please, if there are admins on let us deal with problems that are happening on the servers, I know you guys are trying to help, but all you guys should be worried about is playing and having a fun time on the servers, leave the peace keeping to the admins, that’s what we are here for.

If this kind of thread has been posted before, sorry about posting one again, I just thought that this kind of thing should be covered

just a note (for any e's that don't know), just because you don't SEE an admin taking action doesn't mean they aren't. Admins can talk privatly to each other and other players on the server; they don't always use open communication to deal with issues.

If there's no admin on your team (and there is on the other) please let them know if someone is using abusive language or voice spamming on your team.

Amen to all that has been said.

I would just like to add something important (and I'm glad this thread went up, I was going to make my own) :

E's, you CAN use admin chat. you just can't see it. If you type '@' in teamchat (u), your message will go to the admins on the server. You won't be able to see you message, but they will. Typically, they will then PM you back, or whatever else. Also, if an admin PMs you, it is nice to use the admin chat back.

This is very valuable if there is a problem on your team. Not only is it smoother than just yelling it to everyone, but the admins will all have heard it (including ones on the other team), and probably deal with it as necessary.

This is Exactly what I was talking about in my post. You shouldn't do it!

If you say that as anything, (recruit, admin, whatever) people can feign ignorance, and they can certainly dodge it better than when you just tell them personally.

Plus, another very good reason that we don't want this type of thing going on is that we don't want the general public smothered. I have seen this before. Let me give you an example.

pub : What the F--- Man!
=(e)=™1 : watch your language
=(e)=™ 2 : hey man, watch your language
=(e)=™ 3 : we don't allow swearing on our servers
=(e)=™ 4 : watch your language
(all) =(eG)=™Dreadmaker : Pub, please watch your language when you are on eGO servers. Thanks!


This is really quite rough, and It's really sad when it happens. However, it is a somewhat rare occurrence, luckily enough. However, I have seen it before.


So, e's, PLEASE don't bind a 'watch your language button'. If you are in the servers alone, feel free to take the time to type it out, and address it to the specific player. We (eGs, eGOs) do.
 
Last edited:
THANK you newman, when an admin is present e's dont warn. i know you want to become an admin but let them handle it (thats why they are there) but if no admin is present type out the mesage like "So and so, please watch what you say on our servers, thank you." or something like that. not the watch your language, so let the admins handle it if they are there.
 
Yea, on 2fort instant respawn ive warned directly but when thier is a admin there sometimes the miss it so after a few minutes ill warn if they havent.
 
I admit i used to do this, but anytime something like this happens the first thing i do is check to see if there's admins on, and if there are i'll usually send them something in admin chat i case the didn;t see it i.e. if something was said in team chat and an admin wasn't on the team.
-ca$h
 
Yeah when there is a "language" problem, I usually check if there are admins around before notifying anyone.
 
Also give the admins sometime before you say something to the admin cuz he/she might be conducting a warning or kick :)
To talk to admins that are on anyteam press u and then type @ then type your message to the admin but first time try u@test :)
 
Last edited:
just a note (for any e's that don't know), just because you don't SEE an admin taking action doesn't mean they aren't. Admins can talk privatly to each other and other players on the server; they don't always use open communication to deal with issues.

If there's no admin on your team (and there is on the other) please let them know if someone is using abusive language or voice spamming on your team.

Great post newman!

Always Have Fun/Don't kill me :)
 
Amen to all that has been said.

I would just like to add something important (and I'm glad this thread went up, I was going to make my own) :

E's, you CAN use admin chat. you just can't see it. If you type '@' in teamchat (u), your message will go to the admins on the server. You won't be able to see you message, but they will. Typically, they will then PM you back, or whatever else. Also, if an admin PMs you, it is nice to use the admin chat back.

This is very valuable if there is a problem on your team. Not only is it smoother than just yelling it to everyone, but the admins will all have heard it (including ones on the other team), and probably deal with it as necessary.
 
Ive seen it and done it when i was an e, it makes us look unorganized. If theres no admins you take control of the server and get an admin if needed. If an admins there but they dont say anything contact them @message in team chat or through steam.
 
@Dreadmaker: thanks for this. i didn't know this. i usually have to steam-overlay and HOPE that the admin in the game is on my list. this will make things so much easier. thanks again.
 
If you're smart you make a bind saying something along the lines of "watch the language dearies", and whenever someone drops a bomb, you drop your's immediately, so they know they did wrong. -_-
 
If you're smart you make a bind saying something along the lines of "watch the language dearies", and whenever someone drops a bomb, you drop your's immediately, so they know they did wrong. -_-


We like to keep it personal and polite, that is the eGO way. :cool:
 
If you're smart you make a bind saying something along the lines of "watch the language dearies", and whenever someone drops a bomb, you drop your's immediately, so they know they did wrong. -_-


This is Exactly what I was talking about in my post. You shouldn't do it!

If you say that as anything, (recruit, admin, whatever) people can feign ignorance, and they can certainly dodge it better than when you just tell them personally.

Plus, another very good reason that we don't want this type of thing going on is that we don't want the general public smothered. I have seen this before. Let me give you an example.

pub : What the F--- Man!
=(e)=™1 : watch your language
=(e)=™ 2 : hey man, watch your language
=(e)=™ 3 : we don't allow swearing on our servers
=(e)=™ 4 : watch your language
(all) =(eG)=™Dreadmaker : Pub, please watch your language when you are on eGO servers. Thanks!


This is really quite rough, and It's really sad when it happens. However, it is a somewhat rare occurrence, luckily enough. However, I have seen it before.


So, e's, PLEASE don't bind a 'watch your language button'. If you are in the servers alone, feel free to take the time to type it out, and address it to the specific player. We (eGs, eGOs) do.
 
Last edited:
I've never seen e's do this when a eG or eGO is around but I've seen others warning abusive players when they're not around. If someone is abusive I just inform an admin as soon as they come along.
 
Whenever i play on dust2 theres an admin on, so I dont really say anything considering thats why we have admins.
 
yea but most of the time im on 2fort instant respawn there wasnt any admins but lately thers been a few in there so its good. Ill either notify Konkon or djsatanwife if they are online
 
when i join a server, if I'm the only admin there, I announce myself in admin all chat so everyone knows Dad is home and people better clean their room :P.

I like when e's make an effort to help, but sometime we ALL can get carried away by wanting to do the right thing. So I looked at a response time for admining like this:

eGO: quick immediate response to any violation or disruption on server.

eG: quick response to check if there is an eGO present to handle it, if not take action asap.

e: take a moment to see which admins are present and give them time to respond. If none are present, take action.

so basically, eG's need alittle patience. e's need alittle more patience for the simple fact that they all want to get promoted but need to know when and where.

again, In my experience so far, e's have done a good job when I'm on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top