- Joined
- Jun 23, 2007
- Messages
- 2,454
Well here is yet another update on my build. I made another thread or 2 about this a couple months ago but I thought I'd just update some people on what my my new machine that I will be building. If you guys have some input or recommendations that would be really helpful as well. The thing different about this build compared to my past posts is that its Corei7 and this time I actually have money saved up for it this time!
I got myself around $800, so almost there. Just another month or 2 and she's all mine, can't wait. The subtotal is around $1,400
If anyone says I don't need a Corei7 system and a Core2Quad system would be just fine, I'll punch you in the face.
Besides, this build compared to my older Core2Quad wish list is only around $200 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128362
CPU: Intel Nehalem 920:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme:
http://www.quietpcusa.com/Thermalright-Ultra-120-Extreme-1366-RT-Quiet-CPU-Cooler-P507C61.aspx
Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (Down the road another pack for 12GBs):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145224
PSU: CORSAIR 1000HX 1000W PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139007
I know some are going to say that this PSU is overkill but its what I want. Maybe something Ill get 2 4870x2s or get more hardware. Besides, this is an awesome PSU and I've had my heart set on it for a while now.
Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB (Main/Games):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319
Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Storage):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284
And here are a couple things I'll be getting after the build:
Considering one of these 4 4870x2s:
Sapphire 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102768
HIS 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161242
MSI 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127376
VisionTek 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129114
(Already have a 4850 so I can hold out for a while)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102024
And considering one of these 3 monitors:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001280
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009154
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014181
Just in case you are wondering, I do have a case and Vista Ultimate x64 already.
Case: Silverstone Fortress:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163121
I love this case a LOT
I got myself around $800, so almost there. Just another month or 2 and she's all mine, can't wait. The subtotal is around $1,400
If anyone says I don't need a Corei7 system and a Core2Quad system would be just fine, I'll punch you in the face.
Besides, this build compared to my older Core2Quad wish list is only around $200 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128362
CPU: Intel Nehalem 920:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme:
http://www.quietpcusa.com/Thermalright-Ultra-120-Extreme-1366-RT-Quiet-CPU-Cooler-P507C61.aspx
Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (Down the road another pack for 12GBs):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145224
PSU: CORSAIR 1000HX 1000W PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139007
I know some are going to say that this PSU is overkill but its what I want. Maybe something Ill get 2 4870x2s or get more hardware. Besides, this is an awesome PSU and I've had my heart set on it for a while now.
Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB (Main/Games):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319
Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Storage):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284
And here are a couple things I'll be getting after the build:
Considering one of these 4 4870x2s:
Sapphire 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102768
HIS 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161242
MSI 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127376
VisionTek 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129114
(Already have a 4850 so I can hold out for a while)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102024
And considering one of these 3 monitors:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001280
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009154
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014181
Just in case you are wondering, I do have a case and Vista Ultimate x64 already.
Case: Silverstone Fortress:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163121
I love this case a LOT

Last edited:
















I was saying how its only a $200 difference from my Core2Quad wish list. Im riding an old ass AMD 5200+ dual-core, M2N32-SLI Deluxe mobo (not even PCI-Ex16 2.0), a 160GB 8MB cache main drive, and a 320 8mb cache IDE storage drive. Im giving this machine to my bro after I build my new one.




