The War Update

Sharpe

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
977
So: how is the War update different from our other class updates?

In many ways, it's not. Like any other class update, the War update will reveal three new weapons each for the Demoman and Soldier throughout the week, as well as some maps, achievements, and surprises, right up until the day of release, when everything we've been teasing goes live.

Where the War update differs from other class updates is that we've decided to mix things up a little with, as the Administrator would say, "a healthy competition." A secret, exclusive seventh weapon has also been developed by the TF2 team. In other words, either the Soldier or the Demo (but NOT both) is walking out of this update with one more weapon than the other. If you want your class to have it, you're going to have to fight for it. The more Demomen you kill as the Soldier class will help ensure the Soldier gets the weapon at the end of the week. The more Soldiers you kill as the Demo will help the Demo class get the exclusive seventh weapon. Check back daily to see how your class is doing at the War hubpage — this is also where you'll see links to all the leaked previews of the weapons, maps, and surprises releasing soon with this update.

What if some of you try to cheat to bump the numbers? We'll know. (Though we also know many of you won't be able to resist trying anyway.)

Alright, enough talk. Who'd you rather see get this exclusive new weapon? The Demoman? Or the Soldier? The War starts right now, so get out there and vote with your kills!

http://tf2.com/

Just updated on TF2 site. Pretty awesome. Seems both are getting updates....But the question is...Who gets the special weapon?


AWESOME JOB VALVE! Awesome idea. I hope Demo get's it :)
 
Last edited:
Demo probably deserves whatever the fourth unlockable is more.

...Which is exactly why I'll be spamming them with rockets.
 
I'm going to kill all demomen mercilessly this week, and I will drink their booze and become a combination of both.
 
omg omg, which class should I play....I like both demo and soldier, but which to choose :'(
I cant take the stress of this choice some one please help me chooooooooose!!!
 
I'm gonna play soldier on BLU and demo on RED, that way whichever one I do better with gets helped more :D
 
omg omg, which class should I play....I like both demo and soldier, but which to choose :'(
I cant take the stress of this choice some one please help me chooooooooose!!!

Join spy with me, and stab both sides for the lolz
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Be soldier with me and destroy the demoman menace :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top