New intro

? Frisky Dingo ?

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
3,120
Ive been messing around with this new intro and thought I would get everyone's feedback on it. I may change it a bit, but im not sure yet let me know what you guys think thanks and watch in HD.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZqClglcxx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZqClglcxx4[/ame]
 
Hmm I like it, but the text is very small and up on the screen for a short amount of time. I love the music choice though!
 
Yeh, Im still messing around with it. I wanted the same font for all of it, but that doesnt seem to be working and thats one thing I will change.
 
Hmm... how about you shake the whole logo around, like a magic 8-ball kinda thing.
 
i made the mistake of trying to watch in on the site. Was terrible. but when i went to youtube i could read it a lot better. still a little small
 
Hmm... how about you shake the whole logo around, like a magic 8-ball kinda thing.

Its kinda difficult to pull that off, since the particals emitted are comming from the text when it shakes, but if I find a way to do it your way ill try it out and see. Perhaps I could just add a shake to the logo at the same time the effects come out, Ill look into it.
 
hehe, video copilot for the win :)

i agree with thereven though, the logo is too static. maybe make it fluctuate slowly between 25-50% opacity or something and put a different, constant effect on it, like a water ripple effect. or try putting an extra copy of it behind itself and making a mask out of it, use the mask with the Radio Waves effect to send out a pulsating, fading sort of sonar effect... i dunno. hehe. there's so much you can do with that radio waves plugin. take this little sidebar image i did for holystrike before the project went dead.

hswave.jpg


could generate something like that using the outline of the logo, while keeping a second copy of the logo in front of it. add some color to the particles/text effect though, like fade from a light yellow to a dark orange as they die.
 
How bout have the text start out in the logo then fly out at the screen in a larger font as to be able to be seen better. Kind of like the old superman intro but much cooler.
 
Looks good, Frisky - I say enlarge the text (or have it fly in and go into the orb) and it will rock.
 
make the text spin around with the globe. The shake effect was kinda lame actually xd
Otherwise, nice.
 
Dont use Planet Kosmos. IMO it works great for the tags and stuff but should not be used for anything else, its very hard to read and you cant tell what some of the letters are.

I like the intro though, just seems a bit long, it needs something more so the viewers dont get bored.

Btw, if you used a tutorial for any of the parts could you send me the link? I want to have a look into this, thanks ;)
 
Its kinda difficult to pull that off, since the particals emitted are comming from the text when it shakes, but if I find a way to do it your way ill try it out and see. Perhaps I could just add a shake to the logo at the same time the effects come out, Ill look into it.

same way as the text, with the wiggle function.

or, you could add a wiggler to the whole scene (camera) and keyframe it to shake a little the same time the text does.

Click Window -> The Wiggler

It'll add the options panel for it to the lower right corner of the screen, then just choose the frequency and magnitude for the effect and set the keyframes where you want them.

That was how I added the camera shake effect to my Demoman Intro video I posted about a month ago or so, when the car bomb goes off in the background and the demoman does his taunt. I think just adding a wiggler with like 20 frequency and like 5 magnitude would be enough to shake the camera just a little while the particles are being wiggled out, try it with Smooth and Jagged, see which effect suits the scene better.

-BK
 
Last edited:
yeh, I figured that out the only thing is Im not really liking the text so Im changing a few things around and getting rid of the speed text as well.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top