- Joined
- Jul 11, 2010
- Messages
- 5
Hello all. I'm new to these forums, though I've played on some of the eGO DOD: S servers off an on for a few months.
I just wanted to drop a quick note to the admins of the kalt server. I had backed off of playing Day of Defeat: Source a while back, primarily because the servers I had frequented had become overwhelmed with the kind of adolescent, insulting behavior that makes the Internet such a great place to hang out. Mind you, I'm thick skinned (I've played my share of 1.6 and CSS on public servers), but I guess I'd gotten used to a more congenial gaming environment and got weary of all of the annoying behavior that had overtaken the servers I normally played on.
After a couple of months, I got the DOD: S itch again and took a stab at the eGO kalt server. It's quickly become my favorite server. The admins do a great job with keeping it all running smoothly and handling the occasional out of control idiot and the regulars that play there are a friendly bunch. Granted, I get owned many times, but I always have fun. It's a great server to game on.
Long story short, I know it takes work to run and admin a server with a large number of players, and the eGO kalt server is one of the best run servers I've run across. Thanks to everyone here that makes it such a great experience.
I just wanted to drop a quick note to the admins of the kalt server. I had backed off of playing Day of Defeat: Source a while back, primarily because the servers I had frequented had become overwhelmed with the kind of adolescent, insulting behavior that makes the Internet such a great place to hang out. Mind you, I'm thick skinned (I've played my share of 1.6 and CSS on public servers), but I guess I'd gotten used to a more congenial gaming environment and got weary of all of the annoying behavior that had overtaken the servers I normally played on.
After a couple of months, I got the DOD: S itch again and took a stab at the eGO kalt server. It's quickly become my favorite server. The admins do a great job with keeping it all running smoothly and handling the occasional out of control idiot and the regulars that play there are a friendly bunch. Granted, I get owned many times, but I always have fun. It's a great server to game on.
Long story short, I know it takes work to run and admin a server with a large number of players, and the eGO kalt server is one of the best run servers I've run across. Thanks to everyone here that makes it such a great experience.












[Kalt fanboy]


