Favorite Android Apps

frap

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,032
Hello,

I haven't seen a post like this, so I decided I'd give it a try.

If you have an Android enabled phone, post your favorite apps here (from the market or 3rd party). Would be nice to see what apps everyone is using.
 
1. engadget mobile
2. speedX 3D
3. Dolphin browser
4. PDAnet (not on android market)
5. leo dictionary (german translator thing, yes i take german in school)
6. Dictionary.com (regular dictionary)
7. B&B Droidlight (best flashlight app ever)
8. Linpack for android (#'s 8,9,10 are benchmarks)
9. Benchmark Pi
10. Neocore
11. Pandora
12. dropbox
13. Paper toss
14. Pokedroid (best pokedex EVAR!!!)
15. Advanced Task Killer


1st gen droid, with 2.2 installed

there are more, these are just the ones that i actually use/like
 
1. Google Voice
2. Shazam
3. Pandora
4. Listen
5. Radient
6. Slidescreen Pro
7. xkcd viewer
8. NPR
9. BBC
10. Engadget
11. Cestos
12. Armored Strike
13. Battle for Mars

there's more but those are the standouts
 
When I had my hero PDANet (which btw is on market)

Since I have an evo and can use tethering by default my favorite app is:

iheartradio
and google maps.
 
I just found a vent app for my droid.

Search "Mangler" in the Android Market, it works well.
 
1. engadget mobile
2. speedX 3D
3. Dolphin browser
4. PDAnet (not on android market)
5. leo dictionary (german translator thing, yes i take german in school)
6. Dictionary.com (regular dictionary)
7. B&B Droidlight (best flashlight app ever)
8. Linpack for android (#'s 8,9,10 are benchmarks)
9. Benchmark Pi
10. Neocore
11. Pandora
12. dropbox
13. Paper toss
14. Pokedroid (best pokedex EVAR!!!)
15. Advanced Task Killer


1st gen droid, with 2.2 installed

there are more, these are just the ones that i actually use/like

Ew Dolphin Broswer? Opera Mini >
It actually gets a 97 on Acidtest3.

1. ChompSMS
2. Launcher Pro
3. Unified Remote
4. Opera Mini
5. No lock
6. Facebook
7. Advanced Task Killer
 
Ew Dolphin Broswer? Opera Mini >
It actually gets a 97 on Acidtest3.

1. ChompSMS
2. Launcher Pro
3. Unified Remote
4. Opera Mini
5. No lock
6. Facebook
7. Advanced Task Killer
How did you get unified remote to work?

Mine never works, I did port forwarding and everything.
 
Google maps (Navigator)
Last FM
Live Holdem
USA Today
Handcent SMS
Advanced Task Killer
Opera Mini Browser
My Verizon
Speed Test
Bubble Defense
Robo Defense
Word Mix
Memory Trainer


Just to name a few.
 
Ew Dolphin Broswer? Opera Mini >
It actually gets a 97 on Acidtest3.

SPARE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opera mini is for blackberries that don't have the awesome that is Dolphin.
 
SPARE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opera mini is for blackberries that don't have the awesome that is Dolphin.

I guess I could try Dolphin.
Any add ons I should get for it?
 
I don't even have a Android phone (yet, I plan on hacking my phone further and dual booting android :D), but I have to say Google Sky is the coolest app I have seen, then Google Goggles. I have much hope for that app, so much that my next phone is an Android based OS.
 
I don't have very many nonstock apps anymore. I've lately just been using my phone as, well, just that, a phone. Mostly just calls and texts. What I do still have is below.

SetCPU
Notes
Cardiotrainer
Racing for Cardiotrainer
Dropbox
Astro File Manager
Adobe Photoshop Express

Droid 1 on rooted stock 2.2.
 
is your droid rooted?
My current favorites:
1.shazam
2. Google Sky Maps
3. Adobe Photoshop
4. Meridian Media player
5. Robo Defense
6. ROM Manager
7. Advanced Task Killer
8. Notepad
9. Pintail
10. Beautiful Widgets
 

Latest posts

Back
Top