Freezing On Startup

Those temps are just fine. -_-
But it wouldn't hurt to clean out your PC. Compressed air cans ftw.
 
I will get some compressed air and clean it out tomorrow. Do you think that was the problem?
 
Last edited:
Maybe. Another guess I'd have is a faulty PSU. Perhaps. What happens when you load up a game or benchmark? Keep HWMonitor open.
 
Would I need to replace my power supply? Why does it just do it sometimes?

the transformer may be going bad and not produceing enough allowable power when under load. It is also possible that the power supplys cooling fan may not be working and it is overheating.
 
my suggestion is look and see what wattage you have now and go 50-100 watts higher. This allows some breathing room on the power output side of things and wont stress the PSU as bad if at all.
 
look in your case where the power cord plugs in... that box is your PSU.. on the side it should have a Wattage.... probably 350-400w ....

for a 500watt power supply.. anywhere from $35-65 ... stay away from Ultra, just an FYI, their PSUs are garbage.
 
imag0159w.jpg



it is the box in the top left of your case with all the yellow wires comeing out of it.
 
look in your case where the power cord plugs in... that box is your PSU.. on the side it should have a Wattage.... probably 350-400w ....

for a 500watt power supply.. anywhere from $35-65 ... stay away from Ultra, just an FYI, their PSUs are garbage.

Haha, Ultra LS is what I have. Its 350W ATX Power Supply.
 
Haha, Ultra LS is what I have. Its 350W ATX Power Supply.


Id suggest a 500w PSU ... like I said, cost isnt too bad for a decent unit. If you can, get a "modular" PSU - modular allows you to use only the cables you need, instead of haveing an "octopus" of wires that you dont need.
 
Is the one I posted any good?

Anyways, thank you everyone! Really appreciate the help.
 
Last edited:
Did the one I posted from NewEgg any good?

Thank you so much everyone!
It helped me so much.
My computer would not be running if it was not for eGO!
Thanks!!!!

it would serve the purpose, yes - I dont know the brand well but someone else here might.

I believe I can speak for everyone that posted by saying "we are happy to have helped, and we are glad to hear that you are back up and running"
 
Did the one I posted from NewEgg any good?

Thank you so much everyone!
It helped me so much.
My computer would not be running if it was not for eGO!
Thanks!!!!

That puts you in the same boat eventually, like i said before, if things start to heat up (it will) your power supply will not provide enough power eventually. you really need to spend a few extra bucks, if you wait you can find a newegg shell shocker deal with a pretty nice one for cheap.


(I edited some spelling errors i accidentally made on account it made me sound gangster)
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top