Logo Design

Byakuya

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
2,779
Hey guys, check out this logo I made for work. Its for a community college's tech page. Its pretty simple but it looks professional.

pcnts2.png
 
Instead of those things coming out of the S they should come from the top of the T. That would be cooler.
 
very nice, I like it. Only issue I see is that the text over the star is hard to read since they are similar colors. possibly add a white outline or make the star a bit lighter? I like the tech look you added to it, very cool.
 
I'm not trying to be rude here but here are some critics:

The techie stuff doesn't work well with the star.
It's a tech project you mentioned ?
Get a font which you'd related to sci-fi if you see it. (http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=303)
Needs more contrast, either by color, direction, ...
It looks like it's thrown on there, it's not.. together..

Designing a logo is no easy task, I always start of with a piece of paper and sketch away till you find something suiting. It doesn't have to be exact just a general idea. (As I lack serious drawing skills :D) Great job for giving it a try; I'd love to see some improvement here.

Good luck, Jv.
 
I'm not trying to be rude here but here are some critics:

The techie stuff doesn't work well with the star.
It's a tech project you mentioned ?
Get a font which you'd related to sci-fi if you see it. (http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=303)
Needs more contrast, either by color, direction, ...
It looks like it's thrown on there, it's not.. together..

Designing a logo is no easy task, I always start of with a piece of paper and sketch away till you find something suiting. It doesn't have to be exact just a general idea. (As I lack serious drawing skills :D) Great job for giving it a try; I'd love to see some improvement here.

Good luck, Jv.


The star is Lansing Community college's "mascot". The placing is based of the cuttent LCC logo, as are the colors. I personally think It fits well together, as does my boss.

Point
 
The star is Lansing Community college's "mascot". The placing is based of the cuttent LCC logo, as are the colors. I personally think It fits well together, as does my boss.

Point

I was just giving my opinion there ;) I don't associate serif fonts with tech stuff. And most people for that matter.

Just show the logo to anyone who doesn't know what that logo is for and what they would associate it with. Also blue on blue, not good.
 
Last edited:
i think -Vj- its right...

the logo its clean simple as most of the time are.. but the color blue on both star and text its not good.

maybe you can add some shadow, or something to make the text easier to read.. :D

the idea its cool congrats just the color thing its negative hehe :P
 
I like it but the colours don't go well for me, I reckon something like a black star behind the blue writing would work, but otherwise it's very goood Byakuka :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top