Nerf spies!

He makes it look awesome because he's a good spy, it won't make anyone else better though. He plays on 24 slot servers which are obviously easier to spy on, and the players seemed generally oblivious/meh.

Still impressive though.
 
and the players seemed generally oblivious/meh.

I would sort of agree with that, but you don't know if that's because they're honestly that bad/deaf or because the ER is a silent killer and they couldn't have noticed. I know that I don't usually notice it, but I might just not have tuned in to it yet.
 
this, is, AMAZING
there was a spy in our black mesa server a while back that was close to this
usually when im getting owned by a spy i rage
however i specced this guy and he was all skill, quick and stealthy
 
It's actually pretty situational, not useful all the time.
But it's pretty good for the defensive spy. Especially with the Cloak and Dagger, cause with L'etranger, you can restore cloak easily.
 
It's actually pretty situational, not useful all the time.
But it's pretty good for the defensive spy. Especially with the Cloak and Dagger, cause with L'etranger, you can restore cloak easily.

It isnt really situational, just depends on your play style really. I also find it works better with the DR since this update still has bugs in it. The spy pack makes the DR really good since it does away with the sound, besides that the spy pack is also supposed to make other watches more silent and because of the bugs in the patch it doesnt always do that and that is what mainly keeps me from using the C&D. With the spy pack I can easily rack up kills and with the DR it makes chain stabbing a lot easier. My chain kills would be about twice as high if I was in a PL_map since everyone is usually facing 1 direction and grouped by the payload, but I dont play on those maps that much any more.
 
Yeah, the full spy set with Dead Ringer is still new enough to mess with people. I've had situations where someone was watching a spot, kills me while under DR, then I just run around behind them, decloak, and stab. No one seems to realize that you can't just listen for the DR anymore.
 
I was actually just referring to Your Eternal Reward. Not the set bonus, which I entirely forgot about. Anyway, C&D+Your Eternal Reward make it pretty good for a spy waiting for somebody to come running out of a tunnel, not notice the spy who then decloaks and stabs them in the back, using their disguise to keep moving forward.

Also, I found that I'm a lot worse with Your Eternal Reward on Black Mesa than any other map.
 
Last edited:
I've taken time, to see if the new spy weapon was something that players would be able to accommodate for; you know, get used to spies not making noise when they decloak and backstap :crying:

So far, it's a decisive NO. That little decloak and the stabbing sound, although feint, was still at least some kind of warning to the players in front of the person being violated that a 180 and M1 were in order.

And with the complete Spy Package (Gun + Dagger + Fez) it's even worse :crying:
 
But the bad thing about the spy kit is that you need to buy The Familiar Fez for real money :thumbdown:.

Tbh you can easily own people with ER only.
 
But the bad thing about the spy kit is that you need to buy The Familiar Fez for real money :thumbdown:.

Tbh you can easily own people with ER only.

Um...no. You can still find The Familiar Fez, or use the Craft Set Hat recipe.
 
I should of looked this up sooner. I play Soldier as my main and I have been having a hard time killing these Saharan spies. Add on the annoying snipers and you get a handful of rage quitters. :P
 
I should of looked this up sooner. I play Soldier as my main and I have been having a hard time killing these Saharan spies. Add on the annoying snipers and you get a handful of rage quitters. :P

You mean the lamesman? The weapon valve made that encourages corner-hugging body-shotters? Yeah. I'm just glad very few people use the full set. I think it's just a common courtesy thing. Hopefully. In my mind, it's a game breaker and I would probably have already uninstalled TF2 if more people used that full set.
 
New spy set+DR is SO amazing if your playing on a custom arena map like breakfloor where it's two sides seperated by a wall and you have ammo packs all on the top floor where people start off.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top