Aftermarket Cooling

Here are my temps under full load (prime+folding :D) , not bad for a $30 cooler.

why cant all cores be like core 4?

delicioustemps.png
 
Corsair hydro h50. Easy to install self regulating liquid cooler. Keeps my amd quad below 30c.

Gpu is my stock 5770.
 
:confused1:


Btw, the heat sensors on Phenom IIs (all of them) are off by about 11C. Still good temps with the H50, though.

no, the deneb sensors are ok, maybe off by 2-3 degrees, but not much.

Now Thuban sensors. Those things are total crap. they can be up to 15c off, and are frequently 10c off.
 
no, the deneb sensors are ok, maybe off by 2-3 degrees, but not much.

Now Thuban sensors. Those things are total crap. they can be up to 15c off, and are frequently 10c off.

I've read that the Deneb sensors are off, too. Isn't it because the sensor is actually outside of where the core actually is? That's kind of stupid for AMD to do. :thumbdown:
 
:confused1:



I had an H50. Man that thing was awesome.
Btw, the heat sensors on Phenom IIs (all of them) are off by about 11C. Still good temps with the H50, though.

I don't have a phenom.

I also have 6 fans in my nzxt tempest. Love this case. 25c-30c idle, 40c on full load.
 
Still using my trusty Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. I got it 3 1/2 years ago for my Core 2 Duo E6600. That thing was so good that it was able to cool an overclock to 3.2Ghz. Not only that, it was able to do it passively (no fan) I only wish that it was capable of that now, but I'm scared to test it because Quad Cores give off more heat.

So, I'm using a TRUE 120 w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon Fan (1450 RPM) The combination is a match made in heaven. :)



Actually, I take back what I said about the TRUE not being able to run passively on a Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4Ghz. I was dead wrong. I just took the fan off, and the CPU is idling at 29-30C and tops out @ 47C under OCCT. The TRUE amazes me again. At this rate, I will never get rid of this thing. :thumbup1:
 
Last edited:
I've read that the Deneb sensors are off, too. Isn't it because the sensor is actually outside of where the core actually is? That's kind of stupid for AMD to do. :thumbdown:

yea it is not perfect, but it is only about a 4c difference max.

The thuban sensor is just fail.......
 
yea it is not perfect, but it is only about a 4c difference max.

The thuban sensor is just fail.......

Yeah, I've gotten plenty of rep at OCN for telling people that.
"My idle is like 17C". What's your ambient? "Around 23C". DERP
 

Latest posts

Back
Top