Thinking about building a desktop! Need help!

Get vent. Trust me. Also with all these great specs are you sure I shouldn't have 8 gigs of ram?

I've had it before. I never use it.
8GB of memory is horribly overrated for gaming. I've had first had experience of the difference between 4GB and 8GB (I got 4GB free), and there was none.
 
But I mean how much more is it, it might be worth it. And just saying it would be nice to actually talk to you lets say when I'm in a mess of wires.
And are you super positive about the power supply being right?
Also does that case have room for extra fans, if so I want to buy them so could you check out fans aswell
 
But I mean how much more is it, it might be worth it. And just saying it would be nice to actually talk to you lets say when I'm in a mess of wires.
And are you super positive about the power supply being right?
Also does that case have room for extra fans, if so I want to buy them so could you check out fans aswell

How much more is it? 8GB? $50 more, more or less. It literally nets no gain or loss in gaming. It's not worth it.
That PSU is more than enough for that system. That system pulls ~300W at full load. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. That 560W unit is fine.
I'll give you a general guideline, but I won't hold your hand. You can find fans that fit your preferences.
 
So personal preference I want a mid tower since that has enough room for me, whats the best mid tower?
 
Alright and I thought of 1 more thing, are you postive about only 4 gigs ram, I'm using a huge 24" monitor remember
 
But I mean how much more is it, it might be worth it. And just saying it would be nice to actually talk to you lets say when I'm in a mess of wires.
And are you super positive about the power supply being right?
Also does that case have room for extra fans, if so I want to buy them so could you check out fans aswell

Just to back up Phobus a bit here, I'm running a 1gb GTX460 and a GT240 off of my X-560 with some room to spare, that's plenty of PSU. As for the RAM, I'm running 8gb, and in gaming you just flat out won't need it. I constantly run onscreen monitoring for CPU, RAM, and GPUs and I've never seen RAM above 30-35% in a gaming application, 4gb is more than enough.
 
Alright looks like we can add another side 200m fan and a bottom 140mm fan, which I think I'm going to do. Right now the top 200m fan blows out, same with the 120mm back fan, while the front 200mm fan blows in, so what do you guys think the bottom and side should do?
 
1. Antec 900 can go die

2. Why no 2500K ?

3. yes that PSU is WAY more than enough
 
Should I overclock, I don't wanna kill the machine and my room is hot. Plus the processor and ram and graphics card are more then enough right?
 
He won't be overclocking. Read? lol.

I did read, but for $20 or whatever it is, i would take it.

In the future you will be kicking yourself when you can't OC

EDIT: it's $15, I don't see why not to get it
 
Should I overclock, I don't wanna kill the machine and my room is hot. Plus the processor and ram and graphics card are more then enough right?

It's more than enough, definitely. This rig will play pretty much anything at max graphics with more than playable frames up to 1920x1200 (2560x1600 is still playable, if you don't mind a little lag here and there).
Only overclock if you feel that you should, and if you feel confident enough in yourself to do it. You can really f things up if you don't know what you're doing.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top