Thinking about building a desktop! Need help!

Alright, it appears to have better parts, but. Can I add any more fans?
I want good cooling.


Edit
Sorry I'm going to go with my case.
 
Main thing on my motherboard is it has 2 pci express x16 slots for crossfire/sli down the road which is nice to have.

As for case cooling, the cooling on the two is the same. Huge fans on front on top and smaller rear exhaust fan. It will be more than enough cooling.
 
Decent at best...

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master_gx_650w_power_supply_review/

The Corsair is partly modular which allows you to not have to clog your case with unused cables.

fine, if you look at the prices can I get something better for maybe a little more? I don't wanna fry the whole machine power supply, and if we are buying everything so it can have sli later and can be overclocked, lets not screw ourselves over with a crap power supply.
 
Not a bad choice. I would still take the corsair case/psu combo for the better psu and case with features such as black interior, easy cable management, and fan dust filters. But if not, that would be a safe way to go with the haf and that psu.
 
Not a bad choice. I would still take the corsair case/psu combo for the better psu and case with features such as black interior, easy cable management, and fan dust filters. But if not, that would be a safe way to go with the haf and that psu.
Sorry but I cant take a 90 buck hit for a case.
 
I thought your budget was 1k and if you include the case and psu I had, you are within it? Also, after rebates, the combo is 215 vs 180 for the haf and tx 650 sep. That is 35 ;)
 
I thought your budget was 1k and if you include the case and psu I had, you are within it? Also, after rebates, the combo is 215 vs 180 for the haf and tx 650 sep. That is 35 ;)

I gotta think about it, has to deal with combo I'm getting with RAM. Is the RAM good and will it work with the motherboard?
 
As for the ram, thats not a bad deal though I still think the $74 for 2 sets of the kingston with its much tighter timings will beat the 8gb of corsair. I doubt you would end up upgrading your ram later on down the road to 16gb anyways.
 
As for the ram, thats not a bad deal though I still think the $74 for 2 sets of the kingston with its much tighter timings will beat the 8gb of corsair. I doubt you would end up upgrading your ram later on down the road to 16gb anyways.

So do 2 of those kingston to get to 8g? Wait dude the 25 rebate is limit 1 per household. So if i get a second 1 I won't get it.
 


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
heres the damage
you still havent told me about webcam and I'm gonna buy a keyboard and mouse from a local store.

So 1,138.43 plus $100 worth of mail in rebates.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top