- Joined
- Jan 13, 2010
- Messages
- 1,445
I decided that this section would be best since I would have all the primary WW2 buffs around, this being Day of Defeat.
Anyway, I'm sure all of you have seen saving private ryan, the Band of Brothers mini series, etc.. They were all great don't get me wrong, but I feel as if almost some peoples take on WW2 was like, a bit swayed to strictly take an American soldiers POV.
I'd like to introduce you to Stalingrad, those of you who haven't heard or seen it, anyways.. And from what I gathered recently, not many even knew it existed.
It's in German but can come with English subtitles. I believe it was made by the same dude that made "Das boot". Pretty Unique since it shows a rarely depicted perspective of the Wehrmacht soldiers, and how bleak the battle of Stalingrad was.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZMHZBAUbqM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZMHZBAUbqM&feature=related[/ame]
^clip of one segment of the battle in the movie. It's a lot deeper, but this is a good combat scene.. makes a good first impression. English Subtitles.
Anyway, I'm sure all of you have seen saving private ryan, the Band of Brothers mini series, etc.. They were all great don't get me wrong, but I feel as if almost some peoples take on WW2 was like, a bit swayed to strictly take an American soldiers POV.
I'd like to introduce you to Stalingrad, those of you who haven't heard or seen it, anyways.. And from what I gathered recently, not many even knew it existed.
It's in German but can come with English subtitles. I believe it was made by the same dude that made "Das boot". Pretty Unique since it shows a rarely depicted perspective of the Wehrmacht soldiers, and how bleak the battle of Stalingrad was.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZMHZBAUbqM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZMHZBAUbqM&feature=related[/ame]
^clip of one segment of the battle in the movie. It's a lot deeper, but this is a good combat scene.. makes a good first impression. English Subtitles.
Last edited:














