Buy the old DoD....

I didnt even know there was an early version before source.

I thought dod was a community mod that valve liked and gave them a boost o.O
 
The original DoD was WAY better....it had much better maps and a LOT more guns!


http://www.dayofdefeat.com/manual.html#classes


http://www.dayofdefeat.com/manual.html#maps


I bought DoD:S hoping that we would get all the same maps and weapons....but they nixed a lot of the good ones! They even had British weapons like the Sten and the Bren gun...the German MG34 & MG42, and the paratroop FG-42 with scope! My favorite weapon of the old game was the K43, Germany's answer to the American M1 Garand.


It was a much better game!!!
 
Last edited:
oh...and the rifles had bayonets on them so you didn't have to switch weapons to knife someone. You had a luger instead of the P38, and 4 different sniper rifles!
 
The BAR, K98, and the axis third rifle were easily the best weapons :D
The M1 Garand is OK. Not my favorite.
STG is ok... not as good as the bar though..
 
Anyone dominate a member of leadership during the event and not have this game?
 
Love the 1.3

It's kinda what got me started in multiplayer...........................love the old mdk and requiem, avenging angel as well. Anyone remember those?
\
 
Money well spent, clocked in a "few" hours with this game :) It's funny to go back n play again and see the differences between source. I don't think both versions will go away anytime soon.
 
Money well spent, clocked in a "few" hours with this game :) It's funny to go back n play again and see the differences between source. I don't think both versions will go away anytime soon.


But it's not fair that they're making another Counter-strike without making another Day of Defeat :(.......granted more people probably play CS:S, but still!!!



.......maybe they'll make mod in CS:GO for a "DoD:S v2" lol
 
But it's not fair that they're making another Counter-strike without making another Day of Defeat :(.......granted more people probably play CS:S, but still!!!



.......maybe they'll make mod in CS:GO for a "DoD:S v2" lol

Oh! I did not know that! Im so outta touch, lol. You never know what will happen with DOD, one can only wish.
 
Yo, good servers for ya kids who are trying to play would be GSR, CoR, WAR, and SoF... Those are really the only ones without hackers and complete idiots. They should be in the top 100 after the dozens of Chinese non-vac bot servers >.<
 
Damn. 1.3 was dope. I still play charlie and forest on it sometimes.. Love the much wider selection of weapons. I got this game. Anyone down to play just add me on steam.
 
THATS IT! Whens the road trip? :P
I still play once or twice a week. Leagues are still active. The game still has players :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top