Actually, to counter what pillar said, xbox live is now $60 a year, unless you kept a subscription at 50 a year. Once you stop, its 60. Also RRoD typically doesn't happen if you take care of your console. Both of my 360s are from 2006 and 2007, neither have had any problems, due to good air circulation and cleaning. Also, before I forget, 1st gen PS3 are quite rare these days, since everything after isn't backwards compatible, disc-wise anyway. Sony stopped that so that they could sell older games on PSN. Same with Microsoft. Just getting that info out there![]()
my original xbox360 despite rarely being used and being literally babied ended up red ringing a year ago so i don't think it matters, the first batch had faulty parts if it survives its more luck than anything.
As for xbox subscription fee, if you want cheap xbox live call them and say your thinking of canceling, they will cut you a deal to get you to stay (iv heard stories of people getting a year for like 20 bucks and been given free Microsoft points) generally the longer you have been a member the more they want you to stay, I've been a member since for like 7 years
also fun story, i ended up with free xbox for like 3-4 years, either way since the release of halo2 (when i signed up for it) and the Christmas of the year xbox360 came out, the free trail cards you entered a credit card number and said if you cancel before a certain date you will not be charged if you wish to keep the service simple don't cancel, I never canceled and I was never charged until i linked my live account with my xbox360
Last edited:










) I will be ready to make my decision! Any other suggestion or thoughts are still welcome though! I appreciate it! :thumbup:


