- Joined
- Sep 22, 2011
- Messages
- 79
whats your view on pirate games? should we have it, limit it, or in an all case ban all of it? I dont know how to make a poll thing so yea.

and what knot?
Almost ALL pirates I communicate with ending up buying the games they enjoy. If they didn't enjoy it, they'd delete it and move on. It isn't harmful to the developer if you aren't even playing the damn game. It would suck to spend 60 bucks countless times just to not enjoy a game. Plus now a days with most pirated games, you don't even get full features of games, forcing you to buy it anyways.
People stereotype pirates just because the media/government says to, it's a shame.
I know there's other kinds of pirates who purposely hurt the developers by playing a game, enjoying it, and not buying it. Those I can understand people getting upset about.
I don't walk into a store, open a box of cookies, and only buy it if I like how the cookies taste.
It's straight up stealing if you illegally play a game whether you intend to pay for it in the future or not.
That being said, I do wish video games gave out trial periods. I don't enjoy paying $40-60 for a crappy game I'll play 10 times and resell for less than half the price.
Yeah but if you truly don't like the cookies, the company will give you your money back. That doesn't work with gaming.
At one point in time most games had demos. I'm not sure why they stopped doing that.
First of all, it was just an example, but regardless you're still stealing from the store regardless of the manufacturer guarantee. Try explaining to a judge, "It's not shoplifting because if I don't like the cookies the store can send them back to the manufacturer and get their money back."
Pirating video games or movies or music is straight up stealing. Sure, it may be online and a digital file, but that does not matter. The majority of my money is just a few numbers in a bank's database. Would that make it alright for someone to hack into my bank account and take my money? After all, it's just digital numbers.
Unfortunately, societies are being raised on the false and morally corrupt notion that if it's digital, it's free game.
I hope to see a much larger push by the media and entertainment industries to prosecute those who attempt to eschew justice by moving their illegal actions to the Internet.
Sorry couldn't tell that you were originally asking that, your original post was a bit more generic. If you're asking if anyone thinks that stealing something instead of paying for it hurts game developers, doesn't that answer itself? I especially think of the indie developers, some of whom literally program their games out of their basement in their free time. They've worked hard, some of them make phenomenal games, and someone doesn't support their hard work? Absolutely it hurts!
Also, if piracy wasn't a problem bigger game companies wouldn't have to over-react with some of the ridiculous DRM responses that they've done. Like maybe Diablo III, among other games, wouldn't require players to be online all the time, or you would get more than 2-3 installations/downloads per purchase.
Absolutely it hurts the industry. I mean I'm sure in the name of greed all these ideas were going to come along eventually, but I would be willing to wager that piracy helped speed them along.
I don't know what knot you're asking about so I can't help you there. I'm sure there are youtube videos on how to tie knots if you really need the help! :biggrin: