Team Fortress 3?

Ken the Kitsune

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
1,014
Heyoo just wondering if you think there is going to be a TF3. I mean not any time soon since they are still making a TON of money, but what I mean is do you think they will EVER make one. Do you think it will still be cartoony or more like TF1 or TFC?
 
Most likely not, if one game company that has spent so much time improving one game over and over again, this is pretty much just going to be Team Fortress 2 for the rest of it's life probably.
 
Remember kids: Valve doesn't knows how to count to 3.

^

The game's already close to 10 GB with updates. Maybe when the file size is even larger than that.

But realistically, the odds of a TF3 is close to 0.
 
Most likely not, if one game company that has spent so much time improving one game over and over again, this is pretty much just going to be Team Fortress 2 for the rest of it's life probably.

True, but you never know... Some day waaaaaay down the road they might actually think "Hm, it's been 30 years, has the time finally come to make TF2.5...?"
 
I really don't see any reason for them to do it anyway. They will just make general updates to the source engine.
 
From TFC to TF2, they made a ton of gameplay changes. One of the most basic but significant was taking away grenades (apart from demo stickies/bouncies). As an engie I loved the ability to EMP through walls and take out 8 guys, but that's one of the prime reasons of why grenades had to go.

So why would they update it?

Is the gameplay critically broken? Doesn't seem that way, and they can continue to sculpt it with patches.

Is the engine out of date? Arguably so, but TF2's simplified art style makes the engine go a long way.

Is it still viable financially? I don't know if they publish numbers, but I'm confident they're in the black.

Who knows what might happen in the future, but I think TF2 has a lot of life left.
 
Team Fortress, team fortress classic, team fortress 2. so far that's 3 XD

Does that mean we have half life 7?

Half Life, Half Life: Opposing Force, Half Life: Blue Shift, Half Life: Decay, Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1, Half Life 2 Episode 2
 
Short answer: no.
Long answer: no.

Lol
Short answer: no.
Long answer: No, because Valve is a) still making a ton of money on this game b) they are constantly updating the game. If you're going to make a sequel you wouldn't be putting this much time into the game. c) people have backpacks worth thousands of dollars and will most likely not want to lose that by switching to tf3 d) the community behind this game is still growing (meaning more money for valve).
 
I think you should keep in mind that they may be going into the same direction with this as they did with Counter-Strike. Popular FPS series that gets a lot of attention, makes a lot of money. What do they do? Remake it with better software and add more features.
 
I think you should keep in mind that they may be going into the same direction with this as they did with Counter-Strike. Popular FPS series that gets a lot of attention, makes a lot of money. What do they do? Remake it with better software and add more features.

Ya, bet they will start working on it as soon as TF2 starts getting less popular, I mean MvM was the last planned update, so now all there is going to be are minor updates. People will be bored and go to a different game. TF2 already reached it's peak and is now just on a downhill slope
 
Back
Top