Worst weapon evar?

Magus

EGO Zealot
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
1,734
What do you guys think is the worst weapon ever? I might guess the short circuit or the fire axe.
 
Not this again…

Every weapon can be good if you know how to use it.

But I suppose some weapons don't fit many people's idea of a fun play-style
 
The phlog, all the way. Whenever I see a phlog pyro, I go soldier and laugh :) The airblast is pyro's most effective weapon, followed closely by the axtinguisher, yet paradoxically, they are the least used :P
 
Wow I must be the only one that likes the Short Circuit, it's saved me more times than I can remember. My vote goes to the Fan O'war.
 
Wait a minute....what's wrong with the Short Circuit?

It's definitely not a weapon of killing, as it's more oriented towards support.

If I'm an engie, I definitely like to camp near my sentries. And if demos and soldiers get too close, I could be done for.

With a short circuit, I can effectively wipe out a sticky bomb carpet, rather than blowing up instantenously. I don't need to use my shotgun to blow them away or rely on a pyro to airblast them.

And I can do it constantly as long as I have a dispenser.
 
Perhaps the Phlog should be called overrated? It's certainly used a lot, so maybe people are having fun with it irrespective of its effectiveness in combat.

Things I hardly ever see include Cleaner's Carbine, Natascha, Vitasaw, Short Circuit, Eureka Effect, and Cozy Camper. I figure if it's seldom seen, it's probably neither fun nor effective. =)
 
Wait a minute....what's wrong with the Short Circuit?

It's definitely not a weapon of killing, as it's more oriented towards support.

If I'm an engie, I definitely like to camp near my sentries. And if demos and soldiers get too close, I could be done for.

With a short circuit, I can effectively wipe out a sticky bomb carpet, rather than blowing up instantenously. I don't need to use my shotgun to blow them away or rely on a pyro to airblast them.

And I can do it constantly as long as I have a dispenser.

^

I don't understand the hate on it either. Only problem is that the Short Circuit is very situational.
 
Wow I must be the only one that likes the Short Circuit, it's saved me more times than I can remember. My vote goes to the Fan O'war.

Fan of war is extremely useful as taking down heavies as a scout. Using the mad milk, shortstop, and fan of war can make a very effective loadout if you know how to use it.
 
Back
Top