Worst weapon evar?

Fan of war is extremely useful as taking down heavies as a scout. Using the mad milk, shortstop, and fan of war can make a very effective loadout if you know how to use it.

That's probably the most roundabout way a Scout could ever go about killing a Heavy, using the least effective primary for a Scout against a Heavy and trying to compensate with life leech that doesn't matter against the Heavy and a mini-crit that barely changes the relationship of the fight.

Just meatshot him three times with any other scattergun of choice. Fan of War is quite useless.
 
That's probably the most roundabout way a Scout could ever go about killing a Heavy, using the least effective primary for a Scout against a Heavy and trying to compensate with life leech that doesn't matter against the Heavy and a mini-crit that barely changes the relationship of the fight.

Just meatshot him three times with any other scattergun of choice. Fan of War is quite useless.

i agree, its only good for Mann up mode or other MVM stuff
 
That's probably the most roundabout way a Scout could ever go about killing a Heavy, using the least effective primary for a Scout against a Heavy and trying to compensate with life leech that doesn't matter against the Heavy and a mini-crit that barely changes the relationship of the fight.

Just meatshot him three times with any other scattergun of choice. Fan of War is quite useless.

I just prefer the shortstop for taking down players from further away. You can always just use it with the scattergun. Deals more damage at close range. I prefer to flee from heavies once I hit them to avoid getting caught up close. You can of course just risk meatshots but it is all about play style. Both are valid tactics. The minicrit modifier is 1.35 at 512 units. Which is 4 standard wall heights. Wouldn't call it useless.
 
I personally think the pain train is a pretty useless weapon, at least in my experience with using it.
 
I personally think the pain train is a pretty useless weapon, at least in my experience with using it.

nononononono

If you're good at roll outs as Soldier or Demo, you could potentially get a really big cap advantage over the other team on CP maps.
 
The phlog, all the way. Whenever I see a phlog pyro, I go soldier and laugh :) The airblast is pyro's most effective weapon, followed closely by the axtinguisher, yet paradoxically, they are the least used :P

The Axtinguisher is a crime against humanity.
 
I honestly think the Phlog is a bad weapon, but it is also really fun to use :p
 
The worst? That's a tough choice. I'm going to say the shovel for the solly.

If we're not counting stock weapons, I'd have to say the annihilator. It's fun to use, but almost completely worthless. It got a bit better with the ability to remove sappers, but it's still not all that great.
 
Only problem is that the Short Circuit is very situational.

That's a pretty big problem, no? IMO a Wrangler is about as effective at taking care of a Soldier or Demo trying to edge out your sentry, given good sentry placement. It also has the side effect of damaging or killing the attacker and not just nerfing their projectiles.

I guess it's worth some testing though. I might end up liking it. =)
 
That's a pretty big problem, no? IMO a Wrangler is about as effective at taking care of a Soldier or Demo trying to edge out your sentry, given good sentry placement. It also has the side effect of damaging or killing the attacker and not just nerfing their projectiles.

I guess it's worth some testing though. I might end up liking it. =)

Well to be fair, the Wrangler shield isn't really effective against stickies. The Wrangler also tracks enemies at the center of their body, which becomes a problem when they're behind decent cover.

Plus the demos and soldiers can just hide behind corners or the edges of a wall, completely negating the use of the Wrangler.
 
I just prefer the shortstop for taking down players from further away. You can always just use it with the scattergun. Deals more damage at close range. I prefer to flee from heavies once I hit them to avoid getting caught up close. You can of course just risk meatshots but it is all about play style. Both are valid tactics. The minicrit modifier is 1.35 at 512 units. Which is 4 standard wall heights. Wouldn't call it useless.

It's useless when the Heavy outdamages you at those ranges regardless.
 
Well to be fair, the Wrangler shield isn't really effective against stickies. The Wrangler also tracks enemies at the center of their body, which becomes a problem when they're behind decent cover.

Plus the demos and soldiers can just hide behind corners or the edges of a wall, completely negating the use of the Wrangler.

Not really. Just fire some missiles at the corner to scare them off. The missiles have splash damage.
 
Not really. Just fire some missiles at the corner to scare them off. The missiles have splash damage.

The splash isn't very big though. Demos can move away just enough to still fire stickies at you.
 
eh, I would say the cleaner carbine for the fact that when you get crits there is basically no one to shoot afterwords. good for seeing if a spy has a dead ringer but that's about it. also the razorback because the spy can shoot you. at least with jarate you can actually help someone or an SMG can damage someone(barely) while retreating. still, jarate is something a sniper should always have, i only use the razorback because I'm going for a hales own razorback. :laugh:
 
eh, I would say the cleaner carbine for the fact that when you get crits there is basically no one to shoot afterwords. good for seeing if a spy has a dead ringer but that's about it. also the razorback because the spy can shoot you. at least with jarate you can actually help someone or an SMG can damage someone(barely) while retreating. still, jarate is something a sniper should always have, i only use the razorback because I'm going for a hales own razorback. :laugh:

Well...I suppose if you manage to get crits with the Cleaner's Carbine, if you're quick enough, you can land a body shot with the rifle.

Razorback is awful. Gives a slight chance to survive against Spies, but you're likely gonna die anyway.

SMG is a fine weapon. It does a respectable amount of damage if you land the shots.
 
Back
Top