Jail Updates

4/4/13
  • Added Blue Master Chief to CT Store
  • Added Heal to 100 to CT Store
  • Added Give yourself 200 HP to CT Store
  • Added Infinite Ammo to CT store.
  • Type in sm_showcredits in console to see players credits
 
Last edited:
Sweet, another update! I cant wait to play on jail later to try out the CT store. Keep up the good work! :D
 
I don't expect you to all read all this but it needs to be said for people who haven't been in jail since there was no !w and everyone had to shout "WARDEN" in their mic the first 3 seconds of every round to get warden..

Christy... You are nothing short of a genius.. :biggrin_old:

I have been playing counter strike for 6 years and i got into jail for about 2-3.(eGO being the first jail server I discovered)


Pros:
  1. Last CT - always Fun/Quick/ to the point
  2. Banning trivia - (main reason why i played) and keeping warden from doing the same thing every round (this is what I hated most about playing other servers. With eGO you can actually explore and do different games.)
  3. Respectful/Active Community - plenty admins to enforce rules
    (nothing is more annoying than mic spamming free killing trolls who ruin the fun for everyone else so this was also a big reason for me although the enforcement for free killing is not as strict as it used to be)
  4. Players enthusiasum/creativity - when I started playing jail. There would always be at least 5 Ts on the team who did nothing but rabal and cause havoc. While experienced guards like Cryptex/Special-Forces/Misfit would warden and just make up some crazy game no one would even think of. This has long since passed since a lot of these people stopped playing and it started to feel like jail was getting stale
  5. Rebellion - Being a Rebel was always fun and since you dont sit in cellblock like most other servers you have a fair chance to get kills and run off.

Cons:
  1. No !lr plugin and I never understood why. I remember always being killed by some CT wether it was Last hiding in a corner waiting to pop me in the head as soon as I won s4s or some stupid freekill over a techicality such as "you were aiming a primary" this made getting to last request POINTLESS and extremely annoying.
  2. Too leniant with the game rules: I one thing that made me end up hating jail was the fact that guards werent taking warning seriously anymore because all you get it a little warning in green chat which to a member might work but a pub could honestly care less.. Im gonna drop box this too but If I could recommend anything for this it would be... leadership please find a way to keep your admins in check so you can trust them enought for atleast the O's to have a slay command.. I mean.. we need this.. we need a group of admins that we dont have to worry about abusing power to be able to slay someone if they see them freekill.. EVEN if its an accident. I know you guys got into this whole new thing of "oh you dont have to kill yourself its pointless" kind of thing but in my honest opinion that is not fair to the Ts at all. The CT was careless enough to make the mistake and the T has to pay for it by waiting 10-11 minutes for the next round and if a CT doesnt get punished for it hes not gonna care about doing it again. Warning are effective for language but a big change needs to be done about breaking jail rules so you can keep members AND pubs in check

But when it gets right down to it Christy you did an excellent job bringing eGO up to date with all the other competing servers with the !lr plugin.. now there is a reason to want LR and people dont have to worry about if they are going to be killed over some stupid "technicality".

THAT alone would have been enough to get me playing again... BUT NOO YOU HAD TO ADD SOMETHING BIGGER! SOMETHING MORE EPIC LIKE A CREDIT STORE TO GET ME EXTREMELY ADDICTED TO JAIL AGAIN!

People can complain and demand stuff from you but I believe you know what youre doing prolly 10x better than these other guys so its prolly annoying hearing all these complaints after all your hard work so I wrote all this just to show you your work has not gone unappreciated. I barely play video games due to school and lack of intrest anymore but you just got me hooked back into jail again!

To the people complaining.. eGO jail was dying.. the servers are nowhere near as full as they used to be and people were getting tired of the same old problems with no one doing anything to change em. It felt like if you werent a member of eGO you would have absolutely no fun playing on the jail server. Like it or not this needed to happen. And I'm sure I'll be playing whenever I can spare some time off work or class! They should have given you leadership a long time ago ;)

Sincerely- An ex O
 
4/9/13
  • Added Super Sailor Moon skin
  • New Map: ba_jail_fear
  • New Map: ba_jail_tile_paradise
  • New Map: jb_kittens_b1
  • New Map: jb_parabellum_xg_v1-1
 
4/12/13
  • Added ba_jail_oswald_v2b. Removed old version.
  • Remove map jb_parabellum_xg_v1-1 due to a few issues.
  • CT Skins changed to Guard Skins.
  • Updated credits for 2x weekend.
  • Added a notice when a T kills a CT that they received credits.
  • Added Alien Queen for 200 credits. 3x Speed and a knife.
  • Added item for T's to make CT's Ric for 15 seconds (Freeze Them). 350 Credits.
  • Added ability to T and CT store to turn other team into Chickens. 400 Credits.
  • Added map jb_vipinthemix_v1_2
 
All my skins are still default, each team is all the same skin.

A nice feature would be to add 1 credit to a CT if they kill a T designated as a rebel.
 
4/13/13
  • Changed Awp option to Scout
  • Changed Immortal to 10 seconds with half speed
  • Changed credits to various items
  • Added Armor option to buy for CT's
  • Fixed issue with Spy skin
 
Last edited:
4/14/13
  • Added Increased Speed to CT's
  • Added Predator to CT's. 200 Credits. 300 HP, 20% Gravity
 
New CT and T skins will be disabled sometime tomorrow due to a new CS Update coming out. Just an FYI.
 
Jail updates will be on hold until next week. Going on vacation shortly and wont be back till Monday!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top