So What's the Mod Status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carsonauto

Poster
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
186
Now that we're a week after release, what's the status on an Admin utility, or anything else?
 
There is one that is in an kinda beta stage, it was an admin mod that was ported over to TF2. If you look at the top news item at:

[link=hyperlink url]http://www.sourcemod.net/[/link]

The direct link to the mod is:

[link=hyperlink url]http://www.thexsoft.com/index.php?page=basic-admin-tool[/link]
 
I have posted about this a few times. Here is the latest update that I posted yesterday. [link=hyperlink url]http://www.edgegamers.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?4900[/link]

The game was released 6 days and an SDK has yet to be release, just headers. So plugin creation/modification is slim.

Also, Sourcemod is not like mani, as it has no ingame menu. It is taking off from where Mani left off, but is more amx based. Configs are completly different also. They claim that a menu is coming, but that sounds far away. BAT or beetlesmod which communicates with sourcemod is more than likely going to happen for ingame managment for eG/eGO. This would be taking advantage of sql with all servers connected to the same database.

Until Valve releases an SDK, we wait. And yes, we run linux not Windows so NO the windows version of BAT or beetlesmod will not work. (Been asked that alot)
 
Very nice Kendle.

By they way, I tried slapping that bug in your sig thinking it was on my screen!
 
Make sure you guys check out [link=http://www.beetlesmod.com/]BeetlesMod[/link], they release updates for it periodically, it seems very stable.

edit: I just realised you said you're probably going to use it, heh. Good news!
 
I just hope they don't get out of hand with these mods. A lot of the "admin" mods for CS went a little overboard and started messing with the game dynamics. TF2 is perfect as is.
 
Very cool, I saw that this morning and almost had to change my pants.

Anyhow, its going into testing this evening.



*whack* beats Squid56 with a baseball bat!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top