eGO's 7th Birthday - Memories Thread

My favorite memory would have to be back when STRAT was still around, and the random occasions MattWithACat was in Ventrilo...Drunk like no other, and the random convo's the ensued after. xD
 
Last edited:
The time Meep got a gift set of a whole bunch of mustard from another eGO member and weirded her folks out.
How odd. My favorite memory was...SENDING THAT MUSTARD!
Link <-- right around post #53 is where the thread really gets weird :blink:
 
Old School Memory Rite Here! 2009

87317039-4.jpg
 
Last edited:
favourite moments for this year eGO birthday was PSC/OP:X event. I was able to participate one of the two event for ArmA2 CO, A Day In The Life. Was Extremely fun. It's been a long time since I last played ArmA2 with EdgeGamers.

And seeing Artimus getting promoted to Council position in the shoutbox was pretty fun too.
 
My favorite memory was I think being the test subject for leadership..... getting me banned and almost didn't unban me :P
 
Damn, times like these you wish you had pictures of it!
 
Late night DoDs playing with the Euro Players (prime ZERO, tomi87, racing88, Blackbird), gavin_gillies, Capt. Goomba and Xante ;)

Always a great laugh when going up against each other :) and also seeing some of the weird tactics and jokes that go on ;)
 
So many to chose from. Well let's see.

I like to write song covers so it may have been the day I posted one of them like Admin for Nothing or You Had a Bad Day. Of course I had a lot of fun with the stories from Joe's bar like The reality of intangibles. Then of course there was the day I got FluffyTDestryer to sticky my Map Collection for DoD; I got a Division Leader Commendation for that one. You would not believe how much work went into that.
Of course the day they finally made the medal for the newsletter team award and I could start handing them out to the folks who put in the work to get you a newsletter each month, or the day I became the first person to get the Medal of Honor who was not a member of leadership (my specialty team advisor came later).
But looking back I think it may have been the night when I went prone at the West entrance to Bench Alley and emptied an entire clip for my BAR into the Dark Room and took out that sniper, who then accused me of cheating. I was laughing so hard I think I may have had tears in my eyes. That was one of the best.

Stick around, we'll make more.
 
Last edited:
My favorite this year was falling victim to Leadership's April 1st joke. At first, I was worried that I would be banned for somehow being able to see the "Council" forums, until I realized what day it was.
 
This was the year I finally joined up with EdgeGamers! Always seen the community around, just never thought about applying! Sure glad I did!!
 
My best memory of EdgeGamers this year is the members. The camaraderie, the family like atmosphere, these are the things that make eGO great. On top of all this is the dedication and personal time spent by our leadership to keep this awesome community growing.

I had a forced hiatus, 10 months away from gaming. But when I returned, I was greeted by my division like I had only been gone a weekend. The friendships formed, the bond of a division, and the shear enjoyment of our punk free servers keeps me coming back for more.

Happy Birthday eGO and here is to MANY, many more!

Silent_Predator
Matt.
 
Favorite moment? As you all probably know, i'm a new member, but I recently got promoted to the G rank. I really enjoy the eGO community and hope that we all mature, have fun, and progress in the community together, as friends :D (friends pronounced "fwends")
 
Mine was when i PM'd BRK to become an AT and he pulled me into a private channel with Mikkel asking if i wanted to be an AT and that he'd give me a shot, so I auditioned by reading off the BAT. Fortunately i passed because i didnt just read it like a robot, i used my own experiences too.

I was so nervous and happy that i got in :D

I was the noob, now i'm the senior-most admin trainer for the CSS division! (woot!)
 
Well mine was when I became an AT for minecraft and also a PSC trainer. That was pretty cool. I kept up with both of them until life started catching up with me and I had to stop one of them and eventually I had to stop both because I could not get time. That was the second time I became a PSC member and helped out with many applications and I always like to jump back and help whenever I can. So much has changed in eGO and I am happy to be a part of this.

Happy fragging everyone and I will be back on the servers as soon as I get my laptop fixed or whenever I get a new machine :P
 
Back
Top