F10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze

Poster
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
110
so why is this button a no-no? I have seen in the banning forums that people talk about it, what does it do, and why should I not use that, or should I? Please help

Question Answered: Yes by default F10 send the QUIT syntax through console, exiting your game.... There's nothing funny about tricking a player into quitting their game. Just DON'T DO IT!

Locked
 
If I'm not wrong, pressing F10 while in Source games, closes the game... It is used as a bad joke for those who don't know what it does F10.
 
Such as:

Newbie39: How do I change my weapon?
1337zorb: Easy, just press f10!
Newbie39 has left the game
1337zorb: HAHAROFLMAO1!!11!1111oneoneeleven
1337zorb: Im so leet!
 
Yeah, it's the same joke that has been played on new players since games went online.

It's mean and unfair. And we only ban the people who do this because we are too lazy to track them down and beat them with tube socks full of soap.
 
[quote1197576822=Lafinass]
It's mean and unfair. And we only ban the people who do this because we are too lazy to track them down and beat them with tube socks full of soap.
[/quote1197576822]

If we ever do track them down can I be first in line with the sock full of soap?
 
They put it well together. F10 does close the game.

I lol'd at Lawl's post.
 
Well when i first played any FPS games people said push F10 but nothing happend lol. then later i found out that it was to close the game!!
 
Yes by default F10 send the QUIT syntax through console, exiting your game.... So yeah, it's a big nono
 
Lawliet, that was a great bit of conversation, that is almost exactly how it looks in the game.
 
I'm not sure what's funny about tricking a new player into quitting his/her game. Particularly on servers with anywhere from a 5 to 15 minute wait to get in.
 
I generally dislike anyone who tricks people into pressing F10, I've been tricked a couple times myself and it's not fun. :\
 
These guys are lying! f10 activates the Auto Aim Bot built into the source engine.

:P
 
I remember when I was on this one server, and some guys convinced this guy NOT to press F10, because it was a cheat/exploit that for some reason brings instant ubers.

He later went medic and F10'd.
 
if you see anyone in the servers saying "hit F10" in any form of text, tell them to stop and if they dont, ask an admin for help
 
F10 is just bad period noone should even have to go through that, because when he exits the game he's not gonna come back to our servers. He/she might become a great admin!!
 
I did laugh at myself tho...... for about 1 second.

Then i went back in and destroyed that f*ck head for about 20 mins.

Only went after him too... with my axe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top