What's the story behind your name?

Thatguy and I were playing Warcraft 3 one time and he was playing under the name d[o_o]b. Someone called him "doob" and we busted out laughing. Eventually we just started switching noobs with doobs, so noobs = doobs. Then, I needed a name when switching to DoD:S and I picked Doobs, and from then on out it just stuck with me.

Yes, I know what the other kind of doob is. >.>

P.S. Whoever calls me 'Dobbs' next, I'm going to [back]stab you.
 
My nickname is from Robert Marion La Follette, Sr, an American politician who served as a U.S. Congressman, the 20th Governor of Wisconsin (1901-1906). He is best remembered as a proponent of Progressivism and a vocal opponent of railroad trusts, bossism, World War I, and the League of Nations.
 
i go my name from my brother...before i had steam i would play on his account and his name was th3 no0b so i would change it to newb when i would go on and it stuck.
 
I used to go by Quietus,

qui·e·tus Audio Help (kwī-ē'təs) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. Something that serves to suppress, check, or eliminate.
2. Release from life; death.
3. A final discharge, as of a duty or debt.

I learned it a long time ago in school, thought it was a cool word. Then people started to steal it, so I used kwietuhs, which was a shortened version of a pronunciation key for that word.

But everyone ends up calling me "kee wee itas" over the mic. Makes me feel so fruity.
 
well Kody is my name :), but my steam id is Reiceo and i wrote a short story thing in sixth grade and Reiceo Veral was one of the main characters. X)
 
Hoban is from the short-lived Sci-Fi show Firefly. Hoban is the first name of the pilot, called "Wash" primarily. Hoban "Wash" Washborne.

past names: Church: Tribes 2 (red vs. blue), 91Whisky: Battlefield 2 (army radio code for medic, i'm an EMT-Basic), Akoma: CS 1.6, DOD 1.3, CS:S, DOD:S, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 1942 (based off the Acoma native american tribe down in NM, also a street in Denver, CO)
 
You probably wanna know about my one...
My brother was watching montypython or somethin similar once, and he misherd something when some guy said "this music is evil" and herd "I'm a gazibl"
Wtf is a gazibl?!
And that's my name and I have been using it everywhere ever since...
(it's practically never used unless some of my friends use it somwhere becose they have trouble finding a name that isn't taken)
:)
 
i created a laser rifle for my high school science project. :)

the seniors called it a light hazard because it efficiently blinded people and put paper on fire (about 5-7 ft)
 
I like prince of persia
I like Aladdin
It sounds cool
My real life name is similar to Abu (Abhi)
 
My story isn't too grand, I wanted a new tag for when I started playing BF2142, and I wanted to play recon/sniper for the majority of the time. So I tried to mix the sneaky acts of a covert ops guy with one of my favorite animals...a Duck :D After a few minutes of trial and error, I landed on SneakADuck! The name has stuck to me ever since! Just call me Sneak for short ;)
 
my friends were thinking of funny names for eachother, and this one guy called me Haggus McGee (because i'm welsh and he was confusing it with scotland - there are no signature, welsh sounding names, so i guess that's why) anyway it sounded bizzar and fun and interesting all at the same time! I used it ever sinse. My previous alias was too embarrassing - not rude or anything, just shame on me: its.... no, i can't say.
 
I love Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix, therefore I go by the parenthesis name (Slight Return) to honor him.

Also, my other alias is Henron, I used to be really into MUDs and way back in 2000 I was just named 'Jordan,' a guy gave me his account and the char name was Henron, I loved it so I've gone by Henron ever since. (8 years :P)
 
My favorite band is Depeche Mode. So I took DE from Depeche, then MODE stuck them together added an R at the end and there we have it, DEMODER. I have had it for many, many years, probably around 10 years now.

The all caps is because I always thought it looked best that way. Plus after I stick my knife in your back a big capslocked name stands out more in the scrolling death messages. >=)
 
Mine has just been a long-time alias. And now, it has become more of an alias, but a trademark for me, as I'm just starting my own online business, infernodeals.com. That's why I was inclined to change my name as little as possible to join eGO.
 
Anyone else notice that 5 people posted twice? Maybe I'm just wierd like that. I've read everypost thus far and I'd have to say this is my Fav. thread so far.

Anyhoo, on to my name. Considering that I didn't start gaming untill I was about 19(I'm 23 now) I really haven't had very many other names. I played guild wars alot and when I named my toons, I made them all have gaelic names, after the fact that my mom's maiden name is MacDougall. Eachdraidh is the scottish gaelic word for history and I'm currently working on my masters in archeology so it all kinda fits into place.
 
Last edited:
Chaps. I know you all love me. This truth became self-evident upon my glorious Exaltation to eG after a mere week of my joining. Thus, as a sort of public service I am going to share the origins of my name with you all. For a video explanation of my name, go [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiyffUZC1Nw]here[/link], and turn the little slider thing to about 1:15. The inimitable figure of le sac magique is in the background there; but it gets better. At about 1:20 it begins repeating its name in what I do not hesitate to describe as a saucy french accent.

That, my good fellows, is what le sac magique is.
 
My name started out in science class, where me and another guy had the same name. When we had to label all the stuff we use in the lab, I got tired of misplacing stuff and wrote 'me' on there. Since then, I've always used it as usernames, and since then I have discovered that as a bonus it tends to confuse people very badly. I have fun with it.
 
yeah im really not sure how i thought of my name... im kinda a random person, and i think this one just randomly popped in my head one day. been using it for only about 1 year now, so i havent had it that long
 
Mine is not too creative... I joined a DODS realism unit back about a year and a half ago... they required us to use our real last name. I haven't bothered changing my name in steam friends since. So Wolfe is my real last name. And you don't pronounce the e at the end... it irritates me when they call me Wolfy on the servers (its a childhood irritance).
 
I used to go by "Rabid Wombat" after seeing the card for it in MTG, dropped it when I realized it was really a very common name online. So I merged my fuzzy self with the game I was playing at the time, TLOS: Ocarina of Time.
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top