Poll: Rotation?

Rotate Maps?

  • Yes

    Points: 25 75.8%
  • No

    Points: 8 24.2%

  • Total voters
    33
Don't give me that crap enfo lol. I'll slap u. The only time it doesn't get filled without leadership is the one or two days it gets put on the schedule. I should have put an exception to maybe you but no one else filled it on a consistent basis.

The GO server gets put on the schedule twice a week, and it even gets filled on days other than those aswell. All of the captain's help fill it. And, you forgot about buff. He fills the GO server a lot, probably more than I.
 
Cheesy actually brought up good points looking back. We know the dust server is easy to fill, but it doesn't stay filled. We need a server that will stay filled after we leave the server. I guess that's why I always see 0/30 on our server, even if you did fill it before I looked, the server most likely died shortly after


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm not talking about a straight up comp server. Read what I said again. You know what, forget it. If people love it the way it is right now so much, empty, fine by me. What I'm offering is a new style we haven't tried yet. I think there are quite a few of us who agree with me. This isn't the first time I've mention this, but by all mean, lets leave it the way it is right now. I don't understand why people refuse to try new things.

We have tried it. It failed miserably.

The problems with a Classic Comp Server.

1) Limited Players to 5v5. That's it. So, unless you get 4 of your buddies on, there's real no incentive to stay if your team sucks. So what happens? People ditch, people leave.

But WAIT?!?!? It's a Classic Competitive Server. What does that mean? It means that the rounds still going. So a quick scenario:

Round 1: 5 v 5
Round 2: 4 v 5
Round 3: 2 v 5
Round 4: 0 v 5
Round 5: 0 v 0
Round 6 - 15: 0 v 0

Server stays empty until Round 15.

2) I'm sure we can mod our server to be 12v12 too. But classic Comp was made for 5 v 5. All the benefits of MM with a few exceptions:

a) If you leave, no penalty.
b) +/- Tazer

More Info:

CS:GO CLASSIC COMPETITIVE
Classic Competitive is geared towards those who want a, well, competitive experience. It?s locked at five on five play with the winner being determined by a best of 30 rounds ruleset. Once the match reaches 15 rounds, the teams will switch and all earned money will be reset. Each half begins with all players starting their first round with only $800 and each player has to buy everything they want unlike Casual which supplies players with gear for free. Think of this as the ?real? Counter-Strike as friendly-fire is always enabled as is team collision. In addition, Competitive is also the mode where you?re most likely expected to use voice communication and strategy. If that doesn?t sound like you?re thing, you may want to steer clear of this mode.

One important piece of knowledge to take note is that there is a ?Browse Community Servers? option on the main menu that will bring up a typical server browser showing a list of custom servers. The majority of these servers have custom player counts, maps and some are even modded to allow for unofficial modes like Deathmatch. If you?re not interested in the competitive side of the game, or just fancy a chilled shootout or two, be sure to try this option. Post launch, this server browser will certainly be a lot busier with all sorts of tweaks and custom content - keep investigating!
http://www.darklygaming.com/game-articles/cs-go-articles/355-cs-go-game-modes

2) Hard to build a constant player base on a comp server.

You think it's hard on a 24/7 server, well try it on a 5 v 5 server where people bounce half way through.

------------------

I'm all for new things. In fact, how many "new" changes have been brought about since I've been here in the CS Division. I'm willing to try new things and implement new ideas, but they have to be justified and smart.

That's not to say I'm not looking at the possibility of switching to classic comp server, its saying that I'll need more discussion on the matter and more proof and experience in those type of servers.

As far as your other statements, for every "full" classic comp server out there in CS:GO, there are 2-3 "full" 24/7 or casual or deathmatch servers. Just saying.
 
In my opinion the issue with our server not being filled isn't the map or whether the server is a classic competitive, casual or even a deathmatch server.

It's all about the people who play the game together.

When I go to play on a casual server I'm looking for people who are fun to play, enjoy playing Counter-Strike, and play often on the same server.

For example, 3-4 years ago back in the hay-day of Counter-Strike Source our Highschool Server was filled consistently day in and day out of 30+ people during the peak hours. I used to play this map with people like Mayhem Death, Joker, Wildspark(Spark), Junk, Blackhawk, dem0n... I could go on for hours naming off people. Some people were in eGO but a lot of people were pubs who would consistently play with us. Everyday we'd be on playing together the same map/maps because we had fun gaming together.

Filling servers isn't about getting a "team" together, it's about getting friends to play together.
 
In my opinion the issue with our server not being filled isn't the map or whether the server is a classic competitive, casual or even a deathmatch server.

It's all about the people who play the game together.

When I go to play on a casual server I'm looking for people who are fun to play, enjoy playing Counter-Strike, and play often on the same server.

For example, 3-4 years ago back in the hay-day of Counter-Strike Source our Highschool Server was filled consistently day in and day out of 30+ people during the peak hours. I used to play this map with people like Mayhem Death, Joker, Wildspark(Spark), Junk, Blackhawk, dem0n... I could go on for hours naming off people. Some people were in eGO but a lot of people were pubs who would consistently play with us. Everyday we'd be on playing together the same map/maps because we had fun gaming together.

Filling servers isn't about getting a "team" together, it's about getting friends to play together.

Words from a wise man
 
Thats a good idea.. That might be more fun...


Sent from Nokia Lumia 920
 
In my opinion the issue with our server not being filled isn't the map or whether the server is a classic competitive, casual or even a deathmatch server.

It's all about the people who play the game together.

When I go to play on a casual server I'm looking for people who are fun to play, enjoy playing Counter-Strike, and play often on the same server.

For example, 3-4 years ago back in the hay-day of Counter-Strike Source our Highschool Server was filled consistently day in and day out of 30+ people during the peak hours. I used to play this map with people like Mayhem Death, Joker, Wildspark(Spark), Junk, Blackhawk, dem0n... I could go on for hours naming off people. Some people were in eGO but a lot of people were pubs who would consistently play with us. Everyday we'd be on playing together the same map/maps because we had fun gaming together.

Filling servers isn't about getting a "team" together, it's about getting friends to play together.

Please don't skip over reading this...I'm begging you.
 
I just recently switched to CS:GO and would love to play casually on EGO servers rather than abm or TG. My only suggestion would be to cap the server at 20 or 24, and would be great if it was rotation. :)
 
I just recently switched to CS:GO and would love to play casually on EGO servers rather than abm or TG. My only suggestion would be to cap the server at 20 or 24, and would be great if it was rotation. :)

Looking forward to seeing you in the server!
 
All I'm asking for is a 12 v 12 (30 rounds max) rotation classic competitive server. Make it that and I'll get it filled, with temporary support from you guys. If it doesn't work, you can laugh and say you told me so. At this moment, I would say anything would be better than it is now, empty.
 
All I'm asking for is a 12 v 12 (30 rounds max) rotation classic competitive server. Make it that and I'll get it filled, with temporary support from you guys. If it doesn't work, you can laugh and say you told me so. At this moment, I would say anything would be better than it is now, empty.

I don't think you get the point I just made. We want a server that we can regularly play on that has people who have fun while they are on our servers. We want them to come back and play with us because they enjoy it not because they see the server has (18/24) slots filled. Our attitude shouldn't be "Make it that and I'll get it filled, with temporary support from you guys." We want a server that is full of regular pubs and eGO members alike who come back and play on the server together. It seems our whole whole perspective is off. You shouldn't have the idea of "filling" servers but rather playing on the servers. All we have to do is make pubs feel welcome and admin correctly everyday. Represent EdgeGamers how it should be. In a mature, classy manner where everyone has respect and everyone is welcome. Regardless of whether the server stays the way it is or if it changes that should be the main focus what we're trying to do.
 
I don't think you get the point I just made. We want a server that we can regularly play on that has people who have fun while they are on our servers. We want them to come back and play with us because they enjoy it not because they see the server has (18/24) slots filled. Our attitude shouldn't be "Make it that and I'll get it filled, with temporary support from you guys." We want a server that is full of regular pubs and eGO members alike who come back and play on the server together. It seems our whole whole perspective is off. You shouldn't have the idea of "filling" servers but rather playing on the servers. All we have to do is make pubs feel welcome and admin correctly everyday. Represent EdgeGamers how it should be. In a mature, classy manner where everyone has respect and everyone is welcome. Regardless of whether the server stays the way it is or if it changes that should be the main focus what we're trying to do.

^^^^

I feel like that server filling team should go by this mindset.
 
I totally understand what you said. Having fun with pubs isn't the problem right now. That's easy. Now the problem is to get pubs on to our server without leaving after an hour. To establish a player base. You can't have fun if there is no one to have fun with. The whole point of the SFT is to get people on the server so we can have fun. Right now the server is empty. It's boring, exact opposite of fun. All I am offering is a new style for the server, to get people to stay longer and have all this fun you are talking about. Why do you think I said temporary support? This is my last post until someone finally see my point of view. I guess I'll just stick to other casual servers.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top