VOTE DUST2: Keep paras or not?

Do you think Paras should be removed from Dust2?

  • Yes.

    Points: 26 37.7%
  • No.

    Points: 43 62.3%

  • Total voters
    69
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
playing right now: rushed B, whole team got wiped by para's, fps was 300 on the rush, soon as the para's started firing, fps went to 40 -_-

in that tunnel, you're likely to get wiped by any weapon if you can't get out and score some kills in return. It's a complete bottleneck and anywhere inside that long tunnel is a kill zone.
 
I don't want to see the para be removed completely, but after having played this server for a LONG time I would like to see a limit on it. I believe a 3 para limit per team would be GREAT. I am always a T on this server and it gets frustrating when 75% of the ct team has a para. It DOES cause fps problems, and in general, gameplay issues. Most T's who keep dying eventually just go CT because of it. It's much easier to stack a CT team with 75% paras who can just spray doors and rushes than a T team.

Just my two cents.
 
I am all for a 2 or 3 para limit on all EGO servers. I know I am a low ranking member but playing on dust2 all you need is 2 people at long a with paras and all of the other team is dead.

We can go back and forth and either way i would not leave EGO or the servers because they are the best but it would make it more fun with a smaller amount of paras.

again thats just how i feel and there is no wrong answer no matter what the leaders do.
 
Nearly all the time I spend on eGO servers is in Dust2. As much as I might groan when I get killed by a guy wielding a para, I don't think a thing should be changed.

  1. People have a blast rushing with Paras, and having fun in the servers is probably the most important thing to keep in mind here.
  2. Related to the above, there's times when I see the T team getting blown out, not rushing, not attempting their objective. Doing something goofy like an all-para rush is frequently what gets them doing SOMETHING, and oftentimes is the beginning of a turnaround, which is more fun for everyone.
  3. If the Ts have a good team and are rushing consistently, having some paras is frequently the best way to stop them as a CT.
  4. The carnage from everyone rushing and meeting some paras, again, is a blast and people have a great time with it.
  5. The most complaining I see about paras is when a guy is just sitting outside a door, like long A, all round with it either spamming nonstop or sitting and waiting. To me, this isn't an issue with paras, it's an issue with camping and not completing objectives. If people consistently followed that rule there wouldn't be as much grumbling.
  6. Frankly, if you play smart, it's not hard to avoid the para spam and have an advantage with a more accurate weapon.
 
Last edited:
Restricting Para shall be much better. It ain't fun for me to be randomly killed by para spray.
Auto Team switching at half time might give the CT team, the taste of their own medicine....:chair:
Para is one of the reasons, why I switched to competitive CS GO(apart from the help given by Enfohip, ExOH, kilroyy-etc.)....:thumbup:
 
playing right now: rushed B, whole team got wiped by para's, fps was 300 on the rush, soon as the para's started firing, fps went to 40 -_-

I'm having a really hard time believing that you are having that much of a drop if you have the rig you say you have. I have one 6950 2gb card from a few years back, and it doesn't matter how many paras are firing, I never get fps lag. You may want to do a hardware check or something to find if you have a hardware bottleneck happening somewhere.

On another note, I just want to say that there is no correlation between any of the guns in DoD:S and CS:S, so taking into account their restrictions is absolutely pointless.

And finally, Para rushes are a blast for the team involved. They don't happen every round, but when they do, it is a lot of fun. It's hilarious, even though most of the time, the other team can kill us outright without paras. Getting rid of that would kinda dull Dust2 for the less skilled among us.
 
In my opinion, there should be higher limit on how many paras a team can buy. In this case i would advocate 1/3 of the team having para, i.e 8 paras per team. Its not too many not too less.. But 1/3 of the team having para must be dynamic, that means depending on size of the team it should be adjustable.


Sent from Nokia Lumia 920
 
Not removed but restricted, not sure to how many but not more than 4
 
Keep the server the way it is! Unless you are trying to change the weapons so that new members to our server come back and our lose some of our regulars that only use Paras.
 
Paras were okay when I first started playing CSS, nowadays its just like the AWP, people always get headshots and its way overpowered
 
I think we should keep it the way it is now. Para users are easily defeated with a simple flick shot with the scout, ak, m4 and even the deagle in some cases.
 
I believe that limiting the M249's will only cause more uproar to the server. Unless a plugin is implemented that "Player A" can only use the M249 for "x" rounds, then I ASSUME that there would be more complaints on who would get to use the gun, and a race for buying the gun (especially on a 16k server). It's the 3rd most used gun on the server and I feel that there would be more harm than good.
 
Everyone has their own opinion and may express it calmly.

Any posts degrading, senseless, non-topic, or hostile will be deleted.

Let everyone openly speak and be nice or don't post at all.

Poll closes in 2 days.

Thanks.
 
I'm done with eGO and eGO servers, every game I get harrased now, (private msg, or ingame chat due to my thread here and voicing my oppinion on the server! Today I snapped!!! I cursed everyone out, and should feel bad, but don't! THX PARA SCRUBS FOR MAKING A ONCE GREAT SERVER ABSOULT TRASH!

You say that you guys are afraid of ppl leaving if it were limited but in actuality people are leaving due to it being the way it is now, I'm not the only one today that decided to not come back, other are as well in the future.... It's sad too.

A good percentage of the people who posted here on this thread as well are only protecting their scrub cannon!!!
 
Last edited:
I believe that limiting the M249's will only cause more uproar to the server. Unless a plugin is implemented that "Player A" can only use the M249 for "x" rounds, then I ASSUME that there would be more complaints on who would get to use the gun, and a race for buying the gun (especially on a 16k server). It's the 3rd most used gun on the server and I feel that there would be more harm than good.

"I believe that limiting the M249's will only cause more uproar to the server."

There are tons of people who are =(e)= members and non members who can't voice their opinion here who are already in an uproar! So this is a unfair assumption, and leads me to believe that you are only protecting your interest in the gun., Considering it's you primairy -_-


PS. It's the 3rd most used gun like you said..... SHOULDN'T THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING?!?!?
 
Last edited:
Well I think para's should stay, i personally don\t use the para but i think alot of people will go to other servers if you ban para's. if someone thinks its a cheap gun than why don't they use it ? I see where Cyber recon is coming from because i do play with Cyber alot in the dust 2 server.
 
I'm done with eGO and eGO servers, every game I get harrased now, (private msg, or ingame chat due to my thread here and voicing my oppinion on the server!
Contact an admin.

Today I snapped!!! I cursed everyone out, and should feel bad, but don't!
Not how you diffuse a situation or make your opinion any more valid.

A good percentage of the people who posted here on this thread as well are only protecting their scrub cannon!!!
skill and preparation will be a more deciding factor in engagements than what rifle/machine gun you use unless you are gimping yourself with a smg bar the p90.


There are tons of people who are =(e)= members and non members who can't voice their opinion here who are already in an uproar!

They're free to voice their opinions if they make an account. =(e)= members already have one, so I don't see why they would be disallowed here.
 
Last edited:
Honestly I think those of us who actually play Dust2 should vote on this. I play it rarely so I won't be voicing my opinion on this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top