When are you no longer a n00b?

NinjaFluff

EGO Zealot
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
1,771
Everyone's got their own opinion on when you're no longer a n00b. With the wide array of opinions I'm sure are here, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts.

Personally? I think you're no longer a noob when you've got over 2000 kills :-)

Well, that... and when you no longer build sentry guns facing walls...
 
I think of 'being a noob' as more of a derogatory description of someone, then as a hierarchy of player skill.

I have seen 'new' players do very well, and 'experienced' players be total noobs.
 
Think that the end of "noobinence" is when you actually became aware of you not being a noob... :)
 
You are no longer a n00b when you can laugh when people call you such a name.
 
I consider nobody a noob, but some people obviously aren't as good as others. So you're never a noob; you can be a bad player, however. You're no longer a bad player when you begin to play well in your own mind.
 
No longer a noob = The second week you play the game.

Has nothing to do with skillz.
 
Noob

The game definition of noob (variant spelling, n00b) is usually someone, often in online games who acts in offensive ways to other users or people that surround them and refuse to go away, or stay by any other methods for the sole purpose of annoying others. The word noob can also mean in an online game someone who did something stupid, or asked an obvious question. For example, if someone asks a question answered in the FAQ or is common knowledge, others will call that person a noob. The word derives from the 'newbie' (a new player) and 'boob' (an idiot).

That's from WiKi.
So, I think nobody's a "noob" here. So, all of us isn't a "noob".


;)
 
If you have 2k kills but 5k deaths... still a noob. I know people playing counter-strike for a good 7 years and are still horrible, so that 2 week is out the window too.

We are all noobs, the game hasnt been out long enough for any of us to completely dominate with all classes.
 
When you are having fun and you are comfortable playing the game irrespective of skill then you are not a noob.
 
I never call someone a n00b. Totally disrespectful. I know I hated it when I was new to gaming, and if someone is new, I'm helping them out. That's my first step.

However, one is no longer a "n00b" once they know what F10 does, or if they unbinded it.

They are also not a "n00b" when they stop talking to everyone as if they are "n00bs". Can't take players who talk to others as if none of them understand even the simplest concepts of the game.
 
I loath the term 'noob' or any of its variants and am just as likely to kick someone who uses it in reference to another player as if they had used the most vulgar of curse words. It's disrespectful, mean, and no way to treat your fellow players.
 
I don't think anyone is a n00b 24/7, I just think you have n00b moments like say when I decide to say hi to the enemy team as a scout and run into a pair of heavy/medics or when Owl tries to teach people how to be a spy and for some reason can't remember to redisguise himself before the sentry takes him out... those my friends are n00b moments.
 
I think you are no longer newb when you have basic understanding of how the game works. Like you need to stand on the point to cap, or know where to go. If it is defined by when you are good enough, I cannot tell you because I am a noob.
 
Blackestsoul called me a noob the other night...I think I still have a way to go. ;)
 
In my opinion there are to things that qualify you as no longer being a noob.

1. You learn to respect other players (e.g. quit calling other players noobs)
2. You learn to work together and help out new players learn the game
 
This is what I see:

Newbie (Newb): A player that is new to a game, and needs are loving care.

Noobie (Noob): A player that hasen't quite got his head straight.
 
Ahh, I think I maybe should have worded that differently... I've not seen 'newb' before now, Anders, but that's what I was initially trying to convey.

Thanks for the correction!
 
Gee you all need to know the real truth.

Definition of a Noob, Newbie, n00b etc. -Officer Friendly​

haha <3
 

Latest posts

Back
Top