What kind of CS:GO server would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

The Boys Club
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
12,920
Please help CS Leadership in possibly looking at our next CS:GO server.

We're trying to expand into the CS:GO realm successfully and we need your help. What kind of server would you like to see us set up?

Also, how do you feel about competitive events? The last one, if I recall correctly, was a red robin type with a tournament bracket and it was 1 vs 1 with snipers. What kind of competitive events would you participate in?

What would you say our focus should be in CS:GO to transition us smoothly from Source to CS:GO? We'll still keep our Source roots of course, but we really want to get into the CS:GO era of Counter-Strike.

Please help us build our community in CS:GO. Thank you very much for your help.
 
I would love to see Jail make a return in GO. Also, I'll happily attend any event.
 
I think a death match server would be fun, I'd love to see some of the Operation Vanguard maps in a rotation server.
 
I think Jail is a good idea but will need a huge amount of support to get off the ground. A jail server is in the top 20 in the world so it does seem like a good idea.

I do not think a competitive server or Deathmatch server would be a good idea because valve already have them to offer, so a custom game mode is definitely be a good idea.

Personally I think we should try jail or a surf server.


To make the switch from CSS to GO will need to be backed by the whole division. I think with Christmas coming up we should plan competitions on the servers. Events is another think that need to happen, I think it is great we finally got ourselves a CSGO event server, but we need to use it a lot to get people into the game. That will get people in eGO interested and will lift the rankings getting pubs into the server and hopefully regulars.
 
Last edited:
Jail would be cool but a highschool port over to CS:GO would be awesome!
 
WIth the support the previous csgo servers we've had, jail would not be wise. But then again we haven't tried it yet so it might just work
 
WIth the support the previous csgo servers we've had, jail would not be wise. But then again we haven't tried it yet so it might just work

Yeah, we have. It was one of our first servers, but CS:GO has changed a lot since then.
 
I'm not sure I have suggestions, but possible more questions.

I've been playing CS:GO for a little over 6 months, after owning it for over a year. I play mostly casual matches, with the occasional Comp match here and there and maybe an occasional deathmatch; all through the typical match-making process. i.e. non-community servers.

So here comes my question for those more in the know. Is my experience more the norm (in-game matchmaking vs. community servers)? I guess what I'm wondering is what are we seeing in the general CS:GO community servers that are making them successful. As mentioned, CS:GO as a game has evolved a lot , both in gaming experience and general popularity over the past 12 months. Whether we tried something 6 months ago or not shouldn't really matter now. I think we've tried most everything with CS:GO (deathmatch, rotation, comp competitive) with maybe the exception of a Jailbreak map. Would there be drops in something like a Community Jailbreak map? Looking at GameTracker servers, the top 10 look to be Surf-related, dust2, and some other stragglers.

I like Conor's ideas. Use the holiday season as a big push. I think having more CS:GO events (and the few I've been to have been fun) will be great. I like the idea of having a mix of both fun events and competitive events. Would it be possible to have prizes for the CS:GO events that include things like skins, crates, stickers. I..e things related to the in-game experience?

Thanks for the transparency, Ric and asking for the divisional feedback!!! I think that is a great way to involve everything and hear a lot of varying opinions.

I'd also like to see more CS Division match-making going on. What I mean by that is a group of people who are of similar rank, or similar goals to easily get together and play as a group of 5 in a friendly comp match. I personally can't stand playing CS:GO Comp by myself and would love to have a larger network of eGO people to play with who share my interests in gaming (i.e. I like to play comp but don't need to take it super serious. It's fine if there are those that do).
 
I imagine most people join servers by just going through the matchmaking provided with CSGO, even with just casual playlists. I know that I do. So having a deathmatch, or casual rotation server that people can join that way would be my suggestion.
 
The issue with casual rotation servers, or comp servers for that matter is why go into a community server when you can just go do matchmaking for casual? It will not get populated at all.

Jail i feel wouldnt be wise, in the past it works for maybe for a month at first before it gets abandoned. If we can really get it going and get pubs in, then it might work, but i don't see it surviving for long. I would love to bring jail event to CSGO maybe, but a server on itself wont do well

My only suggestion would be a Deathmatch Free for All Server.. Most deathmatch servers in CSGO have some sort of niche aspect to them; whether it be custom maps (Crackhouse, some fy maps), or being free-for-all. At least thats what i see. I know i would enjoy a free-for-all server, i just don't know if others will.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top