What kind of CS:GO server would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked for one of these servers for way over a year now lol. I've recommended we model the "CaliforniaCS" server, which is classic competitive, because it is always filled with people except late at night. What are the responses I get every time I recommended it? "Oh we don't have a dedicated player base like they do so it won't work..." or "It won't work because the rounds are too long and people leave." Seriously? Competitive is suppose to be long and of course there isn't a dedicated player base BECAUSE WE HAVEN"T TRIED IT.

I thought we had a classic competitive server before..
 
I've asked for one of these servers for way over a year now lol. I've recommended we model the "CaliforniaCS" server, which is classic competitive, because it is always filled with people except late at night. What are the responses I get every time I recommended it? "Oh we don't have a dedicated player base like they do so it won't work..." or "It won't work because the rounds are too long and people leave." Seriously? Competitive is suppose to be long and of course there isn't a dedicated player base BECAUSE WE HAVEN"T TRIED IT.

But in all honesty, no matter what type of server we try, it won't work. It won't work because every single time we change it, people only stay in the server and try to fill it for like an hour before leaving. Either that or it switches to a horrific map and everyone leaves anyways. Also, every time we try to fill it, everyone has their tags on lol. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but imagine being a pub joining the server for the first time and all he sees is a bunch of admins and maybe one other pub with him. I would be super intimidated if I was that pub and would probably leave.
Finally, as soon as that pub joins, there are like a million people trying to recruit him. I'm also not saying that recruiting is a bad thing, but to recruit a pub that has joined the server for the very first time makes it seem like all we care about is recruiting, not to have fun. I would say hold off on the recruiting until we have an actual pub base, unless the pub specifically asks to join.

Also the skin giving away thing, I've done that. Gave away a lot of skins to pubs that never came back. However I would be glad to give away skins monthly as prizes if the server actually works out. The knife pluggin is pretty popular in some servers, I recommend we try it.

CS:GO is the future. CS:S is a dying game.

Anyways, this is my opinion. I'm probably going to get criticized for something I said, but hey I've been used to it by now. Fire away!

Malenskiis idea of a skin giveaway and your idea of it are two different things.
 
I thought we had a classic competitive server before..

Not even close. The amount of rounds were butchered (The map ended on the randomest round). Terrible maps were in the map vote, causing people to leave. All talk was on. Read my entire comment. That is what caused it to fail. Not even close to the ideal classic competitive.
 
Malenskiis idea of a skin giveaway and your idea of it are two different things.

No... he said a giveaway at the end of the month for the person who does the best at a certain thing. I said I would be glad to giveaway skins to that person if the server actually works out. It almost like you guys don't read.
 
No... he said a giveaway at the end of the month for the person who does the best at a certain thing. I said I would be glad to giveaway skins to that person if the server actually works out. It almost like you guys don't read.

"Also the skin giving away thing, I've done that. Gave away a lot of skins to pubs that never came back."

You clearly haven't done what Malenski was talking about lmao.
 
Guys don't get out of hand now. Keep this civil.

What are you talking about? How can you expect to get constructive ideas from the community if you are not going to allow us to critic each other? No one is being insulted and no one is instigating a fight.

I respect leadership trying to keep this topic on point, but now you are just starting a fight where there isn't one.

Malenskii's idea could work and yes Cheezy, there are similarities with what you HAVE done and what Malenskii WANTS to do. Maybe you and the other people who want to fill a server can hash out an idea of how people can obtain prizes in a way that will benefit the server in the long run, not just the short run.

I still think this server won't work regardless, but I am willing to try anything to try to get it to work.
 
Everybody remain calm, lets have a get together at my love shack. There, we will eat all the curry away then we play hockey. Our senpai Dahuut Carter will teach us how to climb over the elephante's dunges to reach the flower of Rama. Once that has been done, our hockey team will be so strong like the curry we had consumed.
 
It was more aimed at a couple specific people using passive aggressive phrasing. Not necessarily you. We just have some sensitive people that could take certain things the wrong way, that's all I was saying in hopes those individuals would lighten up a bit. Anyways, carry on with your ideas.


And wat Suay?
 
Last edited:
It was more aimed at a couple specific people using passive aggressive phrasing. Not necessarily you. We just have some sensitive people that could take certain things the wrong way, that's all I was saying in hopes those individuals would lighten up a bit. Anyways, carry on with your ideas.


And wat Suay?

theres only like 3 of us talking so obviously its us lol

anyways, im interested to see if the new server will be a success.
 
Last edited:
No one in this thread is going to bark orders at the CS Leadership team.

I made this thread to give the community the opportunity to discuss our next step in CS:GO. This thread does not mandate that we must follow your ideas, it is simply ideas. Ideas we, as CS Leadership, may choose to expand on.

I could have made this thread in Leadership and confined to an exclusive response. Instead, I expanded to the community. Please respect everyone in this thread. I'd really hate to delete it and ignore everyone here that's put in some serious opinions because the community can not work together.
 
I would say deathmatch or a community competitive server. Deathmatch may be hard to compete with other servers though. There are some really cool community comp servers that stay pretty populated throughout the day. Plugins make them more interesting and add another level of interaction between us and the average player.

A 1v1 server would also be awesome, but I'm not sure how well that would do. The one that I frequent stays populated most of the time, but I don't see too many servers like that so maybe there's a reason for that :/

Please no jailerino
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't suggest a DM server at all. Like people have said already, it would be hard to fill for a long time. DM is a type of server where you would play for a few minutes just to get your aim on point. I don't normally see people playing deathmatch for hours. Also, there are plenty of great DM servers up such as Netcode's or FragShack's. It would honestly be really hard to compete with servers like that. Personally, I find myself playing an offline bot server with a DM config rather than joining a server anyway.
 
I wouldn't suggest a DM server at all. Like people have said already, it would be hard to fill for a long time. DM is a type of server where you would play for a few minutes just to get your aim on point. I don't normally see people playing deathmatch for hours. Also, there are plenty of great DM servers up such as Netcode's or FragShack's. It would honestly be really hard to compete with servers like that. Personally, I find myself playing an offline bot server with a DM config rather than joining a server anyway.

This^
 

This logic can be applied to Competitive servers as well.

ABM, VPP, PotsmokersLounge, all these communities have multiple competitive servers that are usually filled 30/30, 26/26, etc. These are just east coast servers as well. EOReality has 1 or 2 west coast servers that is usually filled as well.


Granted, we do already have a base we could use to populate the servers and get it going. However, these other servers all have monthly giveaways worth $50,60 in skins at the end of the month, and host 1k tournaments every season.

In terms of a DM server, I agree with Spark and Kilroy. There are already established groups out there that dominate the DM server niche and it would be really hard to get it going.

What makes Edge-Gamers better than these? What could we do to attract the CS:GO community to EGO? Because I can tell you now, that 'a mature and family friendly' setting isn't going to cut it.

I agree with the others. CS:S is dead, not dying. It's dead. It's time to move onto CS:GO. Any server you put up will already have established competitors. If you're going to invest in a new server / group of server, it's going to take time to establish and grow. It's an investment. You can't put up a server and except it to be full instantly and consistently. The EGO CS division will have to grow a lot in order for this to happen.
 
Last edited:
jail would make me so happy :D I also think a casual 16k server of nuke,dust2, or other maps with the awp banned and the LMG restricted to 1 per team would be lots of fun :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top