Game crash on map change

Einsatz-Kommando

I made one post
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
13
This is not a problem related to EGO servers but i looked everywhere for that problem and cant find anything. Everytime a server change maps, my game crash and bring me back to desktop.

I saw few post about that in TF2 but they are all few years old. Anyone know a fix for that problem? I have the same problem on 2 different computers. Win7 64 bit on one and Win7 32bit on the other. I did try the old trick of deleting clientregistry.blob with no success.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
 
Question: Does it crash with a 'game has stopped working' error window, or with any other error window? Or just straight to desktop?
--

Possible solutions, if you haven't tried them already:

- Verify game cache files (also listed in the 1st link below)

- If that doesn't work, try looking into one of the following Steam Support articles:

Troubleshooting Game Crashes

Windows Vista, 7 and 8 Troubleshooting
 
No error windows, just straight to desktop on both computers. I took a look at your links, there's a lot of stuff to check :cursing:

Thanks for your help :thumbup:
 
I have found that frequent validation of files truly fixes a lot of bugs. It's fairly easy.

From your games library, right click on Day of Defeat, go down to properties

The third tab to the right is local files

Towards the bottom is verify game cache.

It takes a few minutes, but it really helps
 
I will try that, it would make sense that the cache on my computer might be a mess but on my daughter's computer, its a fresh steam/DOD:S install so i dont know. I'll let you know and thanks for the help.
 
Even after install, your PC is loading maps and files, even when brand new. Validation just puts everything where it needs to be to run more smoothly. I try to do it 3 or 4 times a week. Couldnt hurt to try :) Let us know if that works or if you still have issues.
 
Even after install, your PC is loading maps and files, even when brand new. Validation just puts everything where it needs to be to run more smoothly. I try to do it 3 or 4 times a week. Couldnt hurt to try :) Let us know if that works or if you still have issues.

Just adding on - if you originally had DODS installed on the computer from your account, it's possible it may have used the files that were saved to your Steam Cloud since, for me at-least, the games' folder changed from 'steamapps/SteamUserNameHere' to 'steamapps/common', so any Steam account that's been used on the computer and has the game would have all it's settings in one location rather then it's own.
 
Last edited:
I also forgot to mention if i hit ESC --> Disconnect it crash to desktop aswell as trying to join another server while im playing in one.
 
So i tried most tips and tricks provided here, even bought a new graphic card with no success. I guess i will have to live with it :)

Thanks for all your help, you guys are the best :thumbup:
 
Hm..

(EDIT: Do you run any other applications while running the game? If so, please list them)

Try the steps in this Support Article, if you haven't already:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ILZV-2837

I'm assuming you already have, but also check for updates (Windows Updates, Driver updates, etc)

---


If it still fails and you haven't already, try contacting Steam Support about the issue.

Be sure to give them detailed information - What the problem is, what you've tried doing to fix the problem so far, your computers' specs (You can find most, if not all of your computer specs via going to Start Menu - Run - type 'dxdiag' and click OK)

Just FYI - The time it takes for them to reply back varies..sometimes it's within an hour, sometimes it may take a couple days or over a week.
---

Wish I could help you more, but not sure what else I could recommend trying at this point. Hope you're able to get your problem fixed soon!
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
YAY! >.<

I didn't list it at first since the article is a different problem then what you're having, but then did some more digging when I posted that.

Glad it's working out for you so far.

Post back if you still have issues or if it's functioning as it should now. ;)
 
After deep tests, the /repair command works like a charm...untill i reboot my computer :facewall:

So i have to run the command everytime i start Windows. It does fix my problem, now i need to find out why Steam gets corrupted on Windows startup.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top