- Joined
- Jan 30, 2008
- Messages
- 4
Hope I'm not postin this out of order...
I just wanted to hop on and say hey and that I really enjoy your server. The rules are a bit strict for my taste but it's still very quality gameplay.
There are a lot of servers that prohibit foul language but I've never been on a server ('cept my own) that did not allow people to say "gay" in general. A lot of servers would say it's not okay to be racist or disrespectful in any way but then if someone says "gay," that's totally okay somehow. It's not the worst word ever I know, and it doesn't even bother me very much but I dunno... I guess it's sorta the principle of it if you know what I mean. I just don't see any good in using a word that puts gays down (even if it is unintentional) when there are tons of other words that express you without being disrespectful.
It's rare to see a server that doesn't allow "***" but for me it's almost unheard of to see one that doesn't allow "gay." So I gotta say, I really respect your sense on that and your willingness to enforce that even if it does cost you a few immature players.
I just wanted to hop on and say hey and that I really enjoy your server. The rules are a bit strict for my taste but it's still very quality gameplay.
There are a lot of servers that prohibit foul language but I've never been on a server ('cept my own) that did not allow people to say "gay" in general. A lot of servers would say it's not okay to be racist or disrespectful in any way but then if someone says "gay," that's totally okay somehow. It's not the worst word ever I know, and it doesn't even bother me very much but I dunno... I guess it's sorta the principle of it if you know what I mean. I just don't see any good in using a word that puts gays down (even if it is unintentional) when there are tons of other words that express you without being disrespectful.
It's rare to see a server that doesn't allow "***" but for me it's almost unheard of to see one that doesn't allow "gay." So I gotta say, I really respect your sense on that and your willingness to enforce that even if it does cost you a few immature players.
























