CS TTT - Opt-out for detective

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Jun 8, 2018
Messages
163
A while ago we had a system where you were given a prompt with a message of something like "Do you want to play detective?" which you could respond with yes or no to before given the role and I thought this was a pretty neat option. A lot of people ask me how to not be picked for detective and a lot of people want to play detective so I see no harm in adding this back. What's your opinion though?


Edit: This wouldn't effect the other roles at all or remove the detective role or amount of detectives from the server.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1

would love to see this
i dont play ttt much at all and some things i still need to get used to when i play on the server. when i get selected as detective i freak out and have no idea what im doing. Itd be nice for me and maybe new players or people without mics who are trying to understand the basics of the game and get used to it. I know to learn you need to play the role but sometimes its better to observe for a bit before you dive into it. Id personally love this option.
 
+1 I had no idea this was previously a thing but personally I would play TTT way more if I could opt out of detective, I barely know what im doing when i get it.
 
+1 I had no idea this was previously a thing but personally I would play TTT way more if I could opt out of detective, I barely know what im doing when i get it.

Yeah when we had it before their was no downsides it worked well 100% should bring back
 
I shall bring this to the rest of my team to see their thoughts on it. Stay tuned!
 
At this time we will not be allowing players to opt out of the detective role or give them any option to decrease their chance to get the role. Having role selection be truly random each round is a major part of the mode that I am not looking to change. Players who get detective and don't want it, or don't know how it works, all play a part in continuing the dynamic feel of the mode. Thanks for the suggestion~

~Closed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top