I only did basic, which hopefully differs greatly from advanced, but it was good for people who have never experienced SourceMod before. Knowing the ins-outs of it, the class was very information based, but none of it was new to me. Still should be mandatory.
I think it would be a good idea on having a special class on how to act within our pubs, forums, Steam community and in Ventrilo in a socialble manner; not just in an admin enviroment.
I've witnessed many immature individuals that use our general public channels and some can say that there behavior has been inappropriate at times. From level (e) all the way up to some of our top ranks. Whether it was just fooling around or serious business.
We all represent the finest gaming community in the world and fine tuning our behaviors will make all the difference to our community and gaming world.
This was just a thought, as I have fell into the immature behavior a few times within our clan and was nicely corrected by our upper leadership. Which was a good thing for me. It has made me a better person and a more respectful individual to all our clans men/women and any outsiders wanting to join our fine community.
Thank you for your time in this matter and for listening to my possible request.
I've been administrating CS servers for a decade or so. Does your admin class have an advanced level or is it specific to your MAUL / sm system?
Also, I know I'm a BRAND-NEW recruit but have a hunger for knowledge! Can someone like me sit for a class just for the information? I enjoy watching how the admins in the CS:S 24/7 Office deal with people in the server. Is this a by-product of the admin class? If so, I'll be looking for the sign-up sheet!
Basic- 10 I didnt know a darn thing about admining before I got my G & went to class
Adv- For me I gotta go with 3 because I had been an O for several months when the adv classes started & I had learned what was taught the hard way. However if I would have been able to take it early on in my admin career, then I would have given it a 9-10 because what was taught would have made life much easier for a non experienced admin such as myself.
If you're mostly covering situation handling, I give your admin classes a 10/10 on output quality. I have never been to one, but the smoothness and clairity of the admins I've seen in CS:S servers speaks highly of the material.