Medic question

R3POMAN

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
1,178
I want to start playing medic a bit more but i hate having to hold down the fire button. On my mouse it hurts my hand after a few mins of constant healing. Is there a way to have to stay healing after you targeted someone?
 
yeah..i just realized that option not too long ago...and since i was so used to holding down the mouse button...i couldn't get used to not pressing it in all the time...lol
 
Not recommended auto-fire. The stream disappears for me when my ping is over 50, and my ping is always over 50 because I am on the East Coast.

On a side note, my good friend Dr. Headstriker has a VERY helpful video on how to medic. Link below.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvPeT-1QDPk&fmt=18[/ame]
 
Yeah... for the I hate holding down left click it's a nice option, but I think it's hard to be a solid team medic while using it - just too difficult to switch targets, in my humble opinion. But it's cool, I like carpal tunnel.
 
IMO the autofire for medic isn't a great choice. You'll have a hard tie healing the front line of offense or defense since you have extra clicks to switch targets. In a heat situation, it is good to freely heal targets left and right, the extra clicking is really cumbersome.
 
yeah personally i do not use the auto-fire, i have tried, but as LOLPirate says, you have a hard time PICKING your targets.

also. if your finger hurts holding down a mouse button, then you ain't hardcore. start doing some strengthening exercises! (ie: play more medic)

interesting side story: One time me and NecroNancy arm wrestled... and she beat me. now ya'll that know my size may find that hard to believe... How did she win? she used ONLY her index finger.
 
index finger ftw! being a medic is serious business. ppl on 2fort instant respawn should know how i roll ^^
 
yeah personally i do not use the auto-fire, i have tried, but as LOLPirate says, you have a hard time PICKING your targets.

also. if your finger hurts holding down a mouse button, then you ain't hardcore. start doing some strengthening exercises! (ie: play more medic)

interesting side story: One time me and NecroNancy arm wrestled... and she beat me. now ya'll that know my size may find that hard to believe... How did she win? she used ONLY her index finger.

Any tips on quick fingering exercises? I NEED TO PUMP!
 
On a serious note, if you're having problems playing, pay attention to what your finger(s), er, body is telling you. I know a few people who ignored tingling or numbness in their fingers and wrist only to suffer much more at a later date.

Make sure your keyboard, mouse, desk, monitor, and chair, are well ergonomically in the right/appropriate spots. Trying a few different mice to see if one fits your hand better than another. I got a shortened keyboard (89 keys rather than the standard 101/103/105, etc) and just having my right arm more square to my body makes a big difference.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top