L4D Division?

Would you like to see EdgeGamers have a L4D Division?

  • YES!

    Points: 521 60.8%
  • No

    Points: 336 39.2%

  • Total voters
    857
Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont need servers for this because of the way the game is designed, our resources will be better put to use elsewhere, but I dont mind a forum division.
 
I would like to have a division to help the organization of squads of survivors, but as for servers, the way the program works is that it finds a dedicated server that is open, not necessarily in any order or preference. All we would be doing by adding our own servers would be populating the already immense batch of servers that anybody can play on.

On top of that we have no admin in the servers to speak of...kick is by popular vote only. What you (the council) needs to do is get together a batch of people who are hardcore L4D players, stick 'em in Vent for an hour alone, and tell them to come up with a system to manage a L4D division. Dollars to donuts they will have a few ideas by the time that hour is over.

A division doesn't necessarily equal eGO servers. At least in this case. At the moment we have L4D spread throughout the forums, I have even seen it in the H/H general forums! This is a big deal and we need to have a division to contain it and make it something worthwhile. While servers are not necessary, a strong leadership and the backing of eGO can make a L4D division worth its salt to our members.

Anyway, something to think about...
 
No thanks. I donate $ when I can and I think the resources could go to something better.
 
All I ask for events, so I can play with other eGO members and not random people (usually an undesirable outcome). If we can get a solid, not buggy and adminable server(s) that would help greatly.
 
It would be nice, but is nowhere near logical. Yes, many of us play it (I don't have it yet, but from the demo, I know it's fun), but I really don't think we can uphold a division with such a low slot capacity.

Most of us would feel better playing with people who are already clan members that we trust and enjoy their company, and with the capacity, recruiting others would be a constant issue, and if we do, they would also rather play with us than other pubs.

I just think the cons outweigh the pros here, and although I was hoping we could before it released, it just wouldn't work, imo. I vote No. :(
 
Based on the behavior of some of our members in game, the lack of admin controls, and the general nature of the game, I simply do not think it is a good fit for this organization.
 
Server Yes

Events yes


Forums NO


I HATE playing on some dedicated servers. I get a lot that lag, and then if I find a good one, chances are they have stupid changes, such as not spawning within 50 feet and los, as opposed to LOS. Another great one is disabling tanks and allowing only three infected at once.



Please, more servers *cough versus *cough but a full division? I don't think thats needed, aslong as we have servers and events, thats fine.
 
I play L4D and love it and will support anything eGO would do to build a bigger community in L4D.
 
A division is overkill since there really isnt a need for it maybe a eGO steam group and a forum section for the game discussion and group finding.
 
I think a division would be awesome. But keep the servers out. Instead of getting servers for L4D use that $$$ for some awesome thing like a reward for some event or something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top