L4D Division?

Would you like to see EdgeGamers have a L4D Division?

  • YES!

    Points: 521 60.8%
  • No

    Points: 336 39.2%

  • Total voters
    857
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with MrQ, even if we dont have multiple servers, there is nothing wrong with a division to at least get everyone organized.
 
A forum division maybe, but definatly not dedicated servers. It's not even really a game that we can plan events for so I don't see how we could have a division. It's only four people in at a time and there is not a large degree of customization for things they can do.
 
there is also a median here. if some of you dont like the idea of a dedicated box, how about a handful of servers. we can get 5 vs servers (40 ppl) for about a hundred bucks. i would be willing to front some of that a month, i can afford between 15 and 25 bucks a month depending on bills. lets get a few others in here who would be willing to do the same and that right there is a few servers that doesnt influence "everyone"
 
Why would you want to take away the forum??

The current set up we have for forums is fine. We don't need to add another huge tab and all the other stuff for it. I love when I find a server that does not have a bunch of stupid plugins and changes, such as only allowing three infected on an 8 person server and then making it so you have to spawn even farther away. I want to be able to play on a high quality server ran by eGO since I know we wouldnt have that other crap on it.
 
I honestly think our limited resources would be better spent elsewhere.
 
Although it would be cool...
dont think it would grow into much.

Would be interested to hear peoples ideas tho
 
Oh you are hearing them. Everybody has an opinion and I am tired of fighting this stupid post war over servers, division, and resources.

Somehow something has inbred the idea that Divisions require servers. This is totally false. We would only be using the forums (which by the way really help!) and though the site costs money every month it doesn't cost anywhere as much as servers.

What I am saying is: Give the division idea time to work. Everyone automatically assumes what is good for eGO, what our resources are, and that it wouldn't work. So let's talk parallels:

CoD4: Admin issues, problems keeping servers full, expensive servers, not as strong a base as TF2 or DOD:S, YET, it has blossomed and grown to become a great division within eGO's ranks.

Insurgency: Tough mod to play-difficulty wise, server expense, and an active player base were some issues dealt with. But wait...I hear that it is doing really well!! Figure that?

So lets not outright put down the idea for a division for L4D. I am willing to make it work...are you?
 
A division would be kind of pointless. I would, however, LOVE to see an array of servers available.
 
I voted yes for two reasons: the recruiting aspect and supporting my fellow eGO'ers. I don't play L4D but understand that those who do are very dedicated.

How about a compromise on the word Division?

Since most FPS games have a military skew we could refer to it as one of the following:

Brigade
Regiment
Battalion
Company


Maybe this would help ppl understand that we would not be committing the same amount of resources?

Just a thought.
 
Somehow something has inbred the idea that Divisions require servers. This is totally false. We would only be using the forums (which by the way really help!) and though the site costs money every month it doesn't cost anywhere as much as servers.

We have a section of the forums and a steam group, what more do you want in a division? Since they are asking if we want one and we already have that stuff I am assuming they mean servers.
 
Having a division without server support is pointless. People keep saying I want a forums and events but no servers. That makes zero sense. How can we have an event without a server to have it on? The only event we could ever have are road trips. We wouldn't be able to have cool fun events like Monday Madness, Edgegamer's hour, dogtag scrims, etc., like we do with servers where we can set guidelines and stipulations. We'd have to go onto someone else's random server and be bound by their restrictions and guidelines, help their server and organization rankings, not to mention the lag problems from servers hosted not nearly as well as ours are. And since it is a someone else's random public server, if another player gets in that isn't a member, he can effectively block the spot from a member as we can't ask or force a player to leave someone else's server.

We don't need a division or forums to set up games to play. I've never used the Left 4 Dead forums here to get a game organized. All you need is your steam friend's list.

Left 4 Dead as a division would require it's own unique rule set, as we all know the character's use some really colorful language. But that's something that can be worked out.
 
sweet idea but there needs to be a mod so that there are more players in a versus match
 
I agree with the majority of the people that there should just be a tab for discussion to help better the players.
 
sweet idea but there needs to be a mod so that there are more players in a versus match

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but I think that would completely ruin the experience. Modifying TF2 to add more players wasn't too bad, but it made it more chaotic and less teamwork dependent.

Besides, I don't think it would work anyway since there are a limited number of player models, limited room on the scoreboard, and probably a limited number of spawning areas.

What does worry me though, is that I can see people eventually running servers with "instant respawn". But I'm getting off topic here so I'm just going to shut up. :P
 
At first I agreed with Crashman, but then i realised that expanding has its advantages. Like adding new members that would never play games like Insurgency or Day of Defeat.

I believe that if we are going to expand this clan to more games then it should expand to more systems like the 360/PS3. It is just a sugestion but it never hurts to try...

...Plus modders aren't able to change the 360 versions or the PS3 as much as the PC versions.

I may be repeating something that has already been said, but then again I haven't been on steam or the clan site for almost 5 Months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top