A Heart Warming Story

A Heart Warming Story​

A beautiful, true story by PurpleNurple:

Last night, an eGO invited me to his private server to test some cool maps with him for scrims and stuff. Well, an e from my list followed me. He jumped in the server, saw only 6 of us there and the weird map we were playing and immediately jumped out. He STEAM messaged me and it went something like this:

Sheogorath: That's not an eGO server
PurpleNurple: No, we are just testing some maps. We'll only be a few minutes, come back and test with us
Sheogorath: We aren't allowed in non eGO servers

At this point, I was a little worried that someone had misinterpreted some rules.

PurpleNurple: Who isn't allowed
Sheogorath: We are not
PurpleNurple: Who said so?
Sheogorath: My dad
Sheogorath: I'm only allowed to play in eGO servers
PurpleNurple: Wow, your dad is a smart man

Sheogorath is a young member of EdgeGamers whose dad is Docfate. He's played for a long time on our servers, was offered a promotion, but turned it down. I guess he just wants to be a part of something that is good, clean fun for himself and his kid.

We're honored to have Docfate as a part of our community and we're very proud of Sheogorath.

Thank you to PurpleNurple for providing a testament to the wonderful thing we’ve all built here.

Keep up the great work everyone!

And to keep your hopes and servers alive:


Our New Mystery Sponsor:
​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty neat, reminds me of the days when I played Q2 with my father. Could only play in 1 server :)
 
Lulz - just one more step toward World Domination...
Get the kids early and brainwash them to love eGO...
 
wow thats a touching story i would do that for my kid to later in the future
 
Hahaha, thats a pretty cool story.
Guess that means where doing good huh?

And honestly, why play anywhere else...
 
the only reason i play on another sever is to kill time before a spot on one of the eGO severs open, hahahaha

i love the punk free environment, wish it was like that in all severs, mostly wish it was like this on the l4d severs :/

if i let my nephew play this, hes going only eGO XD
 
Achieving that level of trust is very difficult in a gaming community. Everyone in eGO should be very proud. I know i am. :D
 
A few weeks ago in TF2, a pub said something along the lines of "Wow, I've never been thanked so much before." When asked what he meant, he explained "I've played TF2 on so many servers, but people never thank me for healing them. But here, so many people say 'Thanks!'". I couldn't help but reply "That's eGO for you :)" Two days later, he joined eGO's TF2 division.

Its little things like this that make me appreciate eGO. Keep up the good work! It's a pleasure to play with y'all :)
 
Finding eGO was a nice blessing and although I feel kids shouldn't be playing this at a young age, I do find that if they should play on a server, this is the only one they should be play on.
 
That's a great story :]

It makes me proud to be an admin here, and know that certain people like Docfate take it to that level of appreciation.
 
I have to agree, the eGO servers are probably the most well-mannered severs I've ever played on, so kids are well at home here.
 
Seriously, eGO has to be the best gaming organization, especially on TF2. No mic spam, very rare conflict, and an all over great environment for young children and just people in general.

This story was truly touching, and I think it is best to say as some others have: "That's eGO for you." :)
 
Back
Top