My problem has been solved. I did a reformat.
I was playing garry's mod today, and a server Rob and a few other eGO's were on required that I download 1100 files.
Ever since, or maybe before, I have been experiencing Ad's and pop-ups. Mozilla Firefox is what I use, and even surfing the edgegamers.org site Mozilla opens another page on it's own, and something about "Anti-Virus 2008!" comes up on that window.
Suggest some programs, I currently use Norton 360 yet ironically, I cannot get it to open and it is not starting upon boot like it normally does.
I am getting kind of scared here..I have not downloaded anything other than this. Yet, accordingly, Rob says that game files cannot contain viruses.
Another thing: When Gmod crashed while playing it, my computer was VERY VERY slow for the next 10 minutes or so. After about 5 minutes, I get a message saying "Error - rapidshare/<bunchofnumbershere> cannot download."
I have since deleted my garrysmod folder and the game via steam. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I was playing garry's mod today, and a server Rob and a few other eGO's were on required that I download 1100 files.
Ever since, or maybe before, I have been experiencing Ad's and pop-ups. Mozilla Firefox is what I use, and even surfing the edgegamers.org site Mozilla opens another page on it's own, and something about "Anti-Virus 2008!" comes up on that window.
Suggest some programs, I currently use Norton 360 yet ironically, I cannot get it to open and it is not starting upon boot like it normally does.
I am getting kind of scared here..I have not downloaded anything other than this. Yet, accordingly, Rob says that game files cannot contain viruses.
Another thing: When Gmod crashed while playing it, my computer was VERY VERY slow for the next 10 minutes or so. After about 5 minutes, I get a message saying "Error - rapidshare/<bunchofnumbershere> cannot download."
I have since deleted my garrysmod folder and the game via steam. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited:




















)


