- Joined
- Jun 23, 2007
- Messages
- 2,454
I'd try having 2 drives in RAID0 for main, and 2 drives in RAID1 for storage.
That Foxconn motherboard is sexy.


From http://hothardware.com/News/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-295-Specification-Unveiled/:
Fabrication Process 55 nm
Core Clock (texture and ROP units) 576 MHz
Shader Clock (Stream Processors) 1242 MHz
Memory Clock (Clock rate / Data rate) 1000 MHz / 2000 MHz
Total Video Memory 1792 MB
Memory Interface 448-bit per GPU
Total Memory Bandwidth 224 GB/s
Processor Cores 480
ROP Units 28
Texture Filtering Units 160
Texture Filtering Rate 92.2 GigaTexels/sec
Connectors 2 x Dual-Link DVI-I 1 x HDMI
RAMDACs 400 MHz
Bus Technology PCI Express 2.0
Form Factor Dual Slot
Power Connectors 1 x 6-pin 1 x 8-pin
Max Board Power (TDP) 289 watts
Also reference this site
... Max Board Power (TDP):
289 watts ...
... Max board power is rated for 289 watts, which is right on par with the Radeon HD 4870 X2 and, as such, the GTX 295 requires both 6-pin and 8-pin supplemental PCI Express power connectors. ...
The GTX 295 uses a maximum of 289 watts, total. That is the maximum power that the GTX 295 can consume under any circumstances.
•Jv•;621237 said:I'm highly considering to also go for core i7 instead of a e8400....
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! I'm so close I can smell it O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, an update on my money status. From Christmas/Birthday money and my latest paycheck I currently have $800! I'm so close I can smell it O_O

•Jv•;621508 said:I already have got 750€ (= 1000$). There's a chance I can order them tomorrow![]()
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well here is yet another update on my build. I made another thread or 2 about this a couple months ago but I thought I'd just update some people on what my my new machine that I will be building. If you guys have some input or recommendations that would be really helpful as well. The thing different about this build compared to my past posts is that its Corei7 and this time I actually have money saved up for it this time!I got myself around $500, so almost half way there. Just another month or 2 and she's all mine, can't wait. The subtotal is around $1,300
If anyone says I don't need a Corei7 system and a Core2Quad system would be just fine, I'll punch you in the face.
Besides, this build compared to my older Core2Quad wish list is only around $200
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128362
![]()
CPU: Intel Nehalem 920:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115202
![]()
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme:
http://www.quietpcusa.com/Thermalright-Ultra-120-Extreme-1366-RT-Quiet-CPU-Cooler-P507C61.aspx
![]()
Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145224
![]()
PSU: CORSAIR 1000HX 1000W PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139007
![]()
I know some are going to say that this PSU is overkill but its what I want. Maybe something Ill get 2 4870x2s or get more hardware. Besides, this is an awesome PSU and I've had my heart set on it for a while now.
Hard Drive 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB (Main/Games):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319
Hard Drive 2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Storage):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136284
![]()
And here are a couple things I'll be getting after the build:
Sapphire 4870x2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102768
(Already have a 4850 so I can hold out for a while)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102024
And considering one of these 3 monitors:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001280
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009154
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014181
Just in case you are wondering, I do have a case and Vista Ultimate x64 already.
Case: Silverstone Fortress:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163121
I love this case a LOT![]()