Twitter?

Yeah, can anyone actually name a good reason?

"Come fill Warpath?"
"Need admin in PL?"

Already have steam, vent, and shoutbox for this. If you aren't at your computer, getting a twitter about someone needing help in a sever really won't do much... cause you're not at a computer... and if you are at your computer, you don't need twitter.

I think your pretty much summed it up.
 
I would vote for a twitter feed just because its a pain in the a$$ to surf the eGO website on my BB storm and a twitter feed could give me the main headlines and cool info easily.
 
I would vote for a twitter feed just because its a pain in the a$$ to surf the eGO website on my BB storm and a twitter feed could give me the main headlines and cool info easily.

Huh? You're assuming someone would keep the web site and the twitter feed synchronized? Unless there's some kind of magical, whizbang tool to do this, that would be a total pain. And you'd need three feeds - e, eG, and eGO. :confused1:

I think phpBB had a tool that let you generate RSS feeds (it's been a long time since I admined a phpBB site, so I'm not up to date.) Maybe vBulletin has something like that, it would be far easier.
 
I think phpBB had a tool that let you generate RSS feeds (it's been a long time since I admined a phpBB site, so I'm not up to date.) Maybe vBulletin has something like that, it would be far easier.

Yeah, RSS would be the best way to do that. We have an RSS for the public forums currently...

And I agree with some of the others, what would we put on it? We already have steam group announces for events and server filling. And as for getting an admin in server, you've the shoutbox, and 250 steam friend slots. :)
 
Last edited:
Yeah, RSS would be the best way to do that. We have an RSS for the public forums currently...

I'm not seeing a link except for on the front page, but that only lets you do the news. Maybe I'm not seeing something???

However, if you open that feed... http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/external.php?type=rss&forumids=5

And change that last number to the forum you want to view, it does work... hope no one gets mad that I noticed that ;)

Go to Forums and mouse over the one you want to view, look at the last number in the url (ie, Tech Help is 379), then just change that in the RSS url > http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/external.php?type=rss&forumids=379

Maybe there's an easier way? If there is, please point it out and make me look dumb :D

Hope that helps, R3POMAN.
 
I'm not seeing a link except for on the front page, but that only lets you do the news. Maybe I'm not seeing something???

However, if you open that feed... http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/external.php?type=rss&forumids=5

And change that last number to the forum you want to view, it does work... hope no one gets mad that I noticed that ;)

Go to Forums and mouse over the one you want to view, look at the last number in the url (ie, Tech Help is 379), then just change that in the RSS url > http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/external.php?type=rss&forumids=379

Maybe there's an easier way? If there is, please point it out and make me look dumb :D

Hope that helps, R3POMAN.

For me there are two RSS feeds available when I click on the RSS icon to the right of the address bar (Firefox 3), one for main and one for the forum I am viewing.
 
Ah, yes, very good. I was looking on the web site itself for a RSS link.
Atten FTW :D
 
Last edited:
i could care less if we do or not i was just stating that if a feed was available i would subscribe because the website is hard to surf in 3G lol
 
Huh? You're assuming someone would keep the web site and the twitter feed synchronized? Unless there's some kind of magical, whizbang tool to do this, that would be a total pain. And you'd need three feeds - e, eG, and eGO. :confused1:

I think phpBB had a tool that let you generate RSS feeds (it's been a long time since I admined a phpBB site, so I'm not up to date.) Maybe vBulletin has something like that, it would be far easier.

For the edification of those who might be curious, such postings can be automated using the Twitter API and some fairly simple web services.

http://apiwiki.twitter.com

It's also very important to keep up on what Darth Vader says.

http://twitter.com/darthvader
 
The Dark Lord of the Sith doesn't need to 'fool' anyone. This link is a Rickroll, I command you to click it

HAHAHAHAHAH
 

Latest posts

Back
Top