A cool idea...maybe, maybe not. (sticking up for the "e"s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosnibor

Active Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
393
I've been on other servers and have seen that they give their admins special "avatars" or "characters" to play as. I thought it would be a cool idea to get one of our special graphic people here in eGO...(We should have someone) That could design us special characters for eGO members. Such as an eGO uniform that everyone in eGO would get to wear when they played on our servers. Maybe even different ones depending on your rank.

The reason I come up with this is after being an "e" so long you start to feel like you are just part of the general public because really, that's all we are. We just happened to post in a forum to join this organization. Make being an "e" something to be proud of at least just a bit more. Let us have something cool to show off to others that join our servers to show that we are part of the organization as well and have just a little bit of diversity between us and the public other than an "e" in our name.

Anyways just something to think about. I think something like this could enhance our community and help "e"s feel a little bit more part of the eGO community instead of just another "e".
 
Last edited:
We do not do custom eGO things, we try and limit what has to be downloaded on our servers to play on them.
 
But we can add custom maps that we make on jail server. It really doesn't take that long to download anything on counterstrike unless you are running 56k. And for any player that plays with us regularly it will be a 1 time thing. It was just a thought. Thanks for your input.
 
woha hold on thier e's are just as much aprat of our community as anyone else i dissagree with you when you say e's dont mean anything wihtout e's we would not strive like we do here being an e does not mean your just another e it means ur apart of a community that matters. e's are just people who are training to become an admin by watching eG's and eGO's just because your an e doesnt mean you arent noticed
 
This would be a cool idea, but like Treet and king killer said : Models takes a long time to load, I have a 1Mb/s connection and when I went in a server with a latency of 60, only one model took 5 minutes to load and it wasn't a complex model, also like kingkiller said you're appart of the clan even if you're a e, you might not get a lot of attention like eG's or eGO'S but in-time all of this will be clear
 
I agree with King Killer on that. And you can still bring it up, but last time I hear a rejection on this type of thing, don't get me wrong, I like the idea.
 
woha hold on thier e's are just as much aprat of our community as anyone else i dissagree with you when you say e's dont mean anything wihtout e's we would not strive like we do here being an e does not mean your just another e it means ur apart of a community that matters. e's are just people who are training to become an admin by watching eG's and eGO's just because your an e doesnt mean you arent noticed

I agree and disagree. To you and everyone else in eGO we are part of eGO. To anyone out in the public we are fair game. I can't tell you how many time's I have been on a server and have been the only one from our community and people spam, curse and do anything they can just because they know I can't do anything about it. So I go find an eG or eGO and as soon as they pop in those people disconnect.

Obviously that is a different issue but until we get that "G" or "GO" we really are just another person. In no way is this me complaining about not getting either or. It's just me trying to help some of us "e"s feel a little more part of the community, outside the community. I get looked down upon a lot from just being an "e". I've had an "eG" tell me before I was wrong when clearly he was not following the rules and that I was speaking out against an admin and could get kicked.

I'm not trying to fight anyone here. All I was doing was making a small suggestion to possibly enhance the game play for ALL members. Feedback is welcomed. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
This would be a cool idea, but like Treet and king killer said : Models takes a long time to load, I have a 1Mb/s connection and when I went in a server with a latency of 60, only one model took 5 minutes to load and it wasn't a complex model, also like kingkiller said you're appart of the clan even if you're a e, you might not get a lot of attention like eG's or eGO'S but in-time all of this will be clear

I am not too familiar with size and download times. If that really is an issue then I could see frustrations of people trying to join which could cause this to fail. All I was doing was trying to bring an idea out. Sometimes ideas fail.
 
I agree and disagree. To you and everyone else in eGO we are part of eGO. To anyone out in the public we are fair game. I can't tell you how many time's I have been on a server and have been the only one from our community and people spam, curse and do anything they can just because they know I can't do anything about it. So I go find an eG or eGO and as soon as they pop in those people disconnect.

As an =(e)= you can still get their Steam ID's and a condump and post a ban request. And even if you don't get their Steam ID and just call in an eG or eGO ranked member you are still helping to make the servers a better place.

Obviously that is a different issue but until we get that "G" or "GO" we really are just another person. In no way is this me complaining about not getting either or. It's just me trying to help some of us "e"s feel a little more part of the community. I get looked down upon a lot from just being an "e". I've had an "eG" tell me before I was wrong when clearly he was not following the rules and that I was speaking out against an admin and could get kicked.

If you do see an eG or eGO acting against the rules, contact an advisor about it. And if it turns out that you were wrong, its a learning experience.

Personally, I stayed e ranked for a long time and your rank doesn't change how you play the game. I had just as much fun (if not more) playing as an e than I did as an eG or eGO. Also, I know people who aren't part of Edge Gamers that are a part of the community. If you play alot, make some friends, attend community events, then you are just as much part of the community as anyone else, no matter who they are (e, eG, eGO or a pub).
 
eGO Could not live without e's, so every e is not "just another e". He (or she) is one step closer to eGO's gaming domination!
 
Personally, I stayed e ranked for a long time and your rank doesn't change how you play the game. I had just as much fun (if not more) playing as an e than I did as an eG or eGO. Also, I know people who aren't part of Edge Gamers that are a part of the community. If you play alot, make some friends, attend community events, then you are just as much part of the community as anyone else, no matter who they are (e, eG, eGO or a pub).

I do try to attend as many events as possible...when they don't fill up and I do have fun playing. This has nothing to do with not getting a rank. I am happy where I am. I was just in a way trying to make us more uniformed...my idea fails. I get it.
 
As an =(e)= you can still get their Steam ID's and a condump and post a ban request.

Is there a place in the forums that can show me how to do this? Cause I really have no idea about anything like that.
 
in Console type status for SteamIDs
in Console type Condump to get a condump of everything said
bind [key] jpeg for screenshots
Everything can be found in your cstrike folder (Condump and Screenshots)

Post them in the Ban Request forum.
 
in Console type status for SteamIDs
in Console type Condump to get a condump of everything said
bind [key] jpeg for screenshots
Everything can be found in your cstrike folder (Condump and Screenshots)

Post them in the Ban Request forum.

What if it is something said over the mic?
 
Then you warn them and record
To record:

record [Demoname] in console

Wait until it happens

I take and record everything every time I go in-game, so I know when I play, who plays, how I play, every time I play.
 
I agree and disagree. To you and everyone else in eGO we are part of eGO. To anyone out in the public we are fair game. I can't tell you how many time's I have been on a server and have been the only one from our community and people spam, curse and do anything they can just because they know I can't do anything about it. So I go find an eG or eGO and as soon as they pop in those people disconnect.

just by saying this, this shows you are and other e's are important to the community. if e's werent around, punk pubs would take over when there are no admins present. You guys show greater responsibility then most other palyers
 
r u talking about like for ex. like having a eGO tag on our uniform on cs???
cuz im up for tat
tat'll be pretty cool!
 
r u talking about like for ex. like having a eGO tag on our uniform on cs???
cuz im up for tat
tat'll be pretty cool!

There are servers out there were people of the clan have a custom look for there character. I've seen a guy in urban camo to master chief from halo. I was just suggesting that if someone has the skills to make us a sweet eGO uniform we could rock when we play.
 
Obviously it would be cool if we could have custom models, it would act as a perk to get more people to join the eGO. But i don't feel like it would impact rulebreaking at all, afterall people know you have no admin powers because you're an e; having a custom model won't change that.

We aren't just e's; we're choosing to take part in a community and we care enough about the game experience and specifically our servers that we try to enforce the rules even if we aren't admins.
 
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!


Too much work, and it's useless, we have tags we don't need skins.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top