Warpathians - Fight or Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the lag is a huge problem. I feel Warpath hasn't really been given a fair chance. Any explanation why Warpath lags more than other maps? Any way to fix it?
 
I was just playing on warpath this afternoon. The poor server is probably killing the ranking more than anything else. I was watching the netgraph, and the server rarely got over 32fps, and was often at 16, 12fps, and even 8fps.

It's not the map that's the problem, it's the lag.
 
I was just playing on warpath this afternoon. The poor server is probably killing the ranking more than anything else. I was watching the netgraph, and the server rarely got over 32fps, and was often at 16, 12fps, and even 8fps.

It's not the map that's the problem, it's the lag.

Leadership can we please know that you are at least looking into the problem. With the up coming patch, WP is most likely going to be axed for a new map b/c of lag. I don't find it fair that we can't keep pubs in WP b/c of the terrible server FPS / lag. If the server isn't looked at until after WP has been axed I'll be very disappointed.
 
Not to beat a dead horse but last night the server was practically shut down by the lag. We went from being totally full to 9vs9 in 15 minutes because the server was stuttering and everyone's pings went to 300+.

Any way we can test Warpath on a different server?
 
Still trying to kill the horse: I played most of the afternoon yesterday and we could not go 5mins without someone complaining about lag.

Trying to revive the horse: I played most of the afternoon yesterday and many pubs remarked that the eGO Warpath server was the best TF2 server ever and that they were adding it to their favorites.
 
back in the saddle: after a short vacation to the east coast, i'm climbing back on the horse this evening .... who's comin' with meh !?!
 
back in the saddle: after a short vacation to the east coast, i'm climbing back on the horse this evening .... who's comin' with meh !?!

Girlfriend's out of the house from Wednesday night to Saturday night....i.e. expect Food Fight! to be on Warpath alllll night long (unless the cats need some snuggles, then I'll take a 30 minute break).
 
Yes, the lag is killing this server. Plus, why was the scramble taken off? The teams got stacked and they said they could not scramble anymore. I maybe out of line when saying this, but are they wanting to kill it off on purpose?
 
I maybe out of line when saying this, but are they wanting to kill it off on purpose?

I feel the same way. About a month has come and gone since the thread started. Not once have we been given a suggestion that there are attempts being made to fix the lag issue.

I know leadership has lives outside of eGO, but numerous complaints about WP's lag has been given, yet unless I haven't read thoroughly, I haven't seen and indication of leadership looking into the server.
 
Azznik told me that he had Tiddy restart the server on Sunday in an off chance that would fix the lag. So maybe someone in the leadership knows about our lag problem.
 
Last edited:
It was Tiddy (Thanks Tiddy) that restarted the server. It was better but only for a short while.
 
I don't know if it's helpful info, but I find that I get really great connection, ping, and framerate on the fun server. My ping is half that of other eGO servers, and it always loads up a lot faster.

Note: I live on the east coast, and I have a somewhat high-latency connection anyway.
 
In the impromptu vent eGO meeting lastnight, someone said (I think it was Drunkin, not sure though) that we will be getting new servers for TF2 and CSS. He stated that all the lag complaints have been heard and action is being taken to fix that.
 
Does it have a fighting chance? On the server tonight, an eG was saying that warpath was definitely being removed, they just didn't know what it would be replaced with yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top